• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a Host in NY/NJ area.

ThinkTANK

Hi,

I'm new here and i have a question hopefully someone might be able to help me with..

I'm looking for a local web host around my area, which is ny/nj.
I know there must be tons of them, however i just wanted some opinions and recommendations from those who have used them, if any.

This would be for a business project, so price would not be an issue. just need something stable, fast and with good support. hopefully, that is not too much to ask.

thanks a bunch guys!

Hello Think Tank

We can help you we are locate in Somerville, New Jersey. if you have any question or help feel free to contact us

Please go to www.maxiumhosting.com/special.html for the special prices

FREE DOMAIN WITH HOSTING PLANS

We offer Domain Register for your site
Top Level Domain Pricing

.COM $9.99/year
.NET $9.99/year
.ORG $9.99/year
.BIZ $9.99/year
.INFO $9.99/year
.NAME $9.99/year
.US $9.99/year

1-888-530-2726
Reliable, Affordable, Irresistible
Yahoo!: MaxiumLive

Thank you Maxium Hosting for your reply, and i will look into your site.

True Gazal, I was looking for recommedations. However and ofcourse the door is open for offers aswell. Finding the right host can be a very stressing task which i don't want to experience more than once.

I understand that requirements vary from site to site and i'm sure hosts do as accordingly. So the reason for this thread is to collect both current and past experiences and or comments from people who have used hosts located in the NY/NJ area. Hopefully i could narrow down and pinpoint my future host from the results of those positive and or negative statements everyone who has been so kind to comment on.

THanks.

Last edited:
I'm also located in New Jersey but I don't see any real need to keep my hosting needs local (although I have a server in New Jersey) usually I get them all over the place. I think the reason you aren't getting many answers is because no one knows where most are located (they might know, but they don't really care). I suggest you find a host (anywhere) with good support and little downtime. Keeping it local doesn't necessarily mean it will be better. Here's a great company located in New Jersey by the way http://coastinc.com/ , they have great support and are very experienced in maintaining your mission critical data online and you can always call them or find them online if you have a question.

I agree with x8r, it doesn't matter where your based, if a host provides you with good service, then they will provide you with good service.. The only thing different about being local is the speed. But of course its up too you how you spend your money... ;)

Alan

Last edited:
I think what's he looking for is a local service so that he knows where to find them and stuff. That's why you have web hosts who target local market for their target audience. It's the assurance that you know where to turn to when things crop up.

Hello ThinkTANK,

Please take a look at Axe Hosting. Axe Hosting is a company provided to you by CQ Network (Colloquis Network), which has been around since 1999. CQ Network and Axe Hosting is located in Washington, DC. Our servers are located in SAVVIS Datacenter. We provide quality service with excellent support as possible. You can take a look at our plans at http://www.axehosting.net/services/sharedhosting.php. If there anything else you would like to know about Axe Hosting, you can contact me by email at phu_n@axehosting.net.

Thank you,
Axe Hosting
Phu Nguyen

Thanks for all your replys and suggestions which i will take into consideration.

The main purpose for wanting a host locally is because the bulk, if not all, of my visitors will be from the local area, NYC/NJ With that in mind, i prefer to have the lowest or the next best thing to low connection time. and in doing so, to have a host center located in texas will not be helping that requirement.

The second reason is of course having someone local would be easier to deal with. Though thats not saying much since everything nowadays is blocked by email, phones, and CSR's.
I guess just knowing that fact is some sort of a relief.

Thanks again.!

ThinkTANK said:
Hi,

I'm new here and i have a question hopefully someone might be able to help me with..

I'm looking for a local web host around my area, which is ny/nj.
I know there must be tons of them, however i just wanted some opinions and recommendations from those who have used them, if any.

This would be for a business project, so price would not be an issue. just need something stable, fast and with good support. hopefully, that is not too much to ask.

thanks a bunch guys!

Hi ThinkTank,
If the data center is based in Alabama and the company is in Australia, will there be any problem with that.

Hi ThinkTank, now I understand the ‘local’ aspect I'd like to throw in my 2 cents for you.

We utilise the GNAX datacenter, concentrate on you not ever needing support (constantly monitor and work in the background) and offer very competitive pricing/features. These are obviously going to be quite unique for your application for your hosting package which again is not a problem as we have fully qualified and certified staff.

Running on hardware more than adequate for the amount of users/accounts per server with automated backup facilities and onsite spares.

It also means we have multiple gigabit providers with redundancy and backup routes. Including monitoring of almost every eventuality & Cisco equipment with loads of spare capacity.

Based in the UK is not even an issue for us having server access as the routing is very direct to top tier resulting in blinding response times.

I hope this may give you another option too.

Seasons Greetings & Best Wishes to all.
All at Ctrl-Alt-Deli.com

Last edited:
Back