• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a free backup host

SearchAt!

I currently run a metasearch engine with a reciprocal link search directory. I am looking for a backup host so when my current host is upgrading or is down that my web site will be switched over to the back up host. My current web host is upgrading and I have been down more than than up.

My requirements:
cgi-bin
domain name hosting
LWP::simple installed
at least outgoing email service from my cgi scripts
POP3 email service but not mandatory can be a redirection email
PHP when I decide to switch over with mysql but not mandatory
Able to handle a meta search engine with 2 search directories scripts
able to give me the web space and bandwidth I need to run this web site

and yes all for free
in return I will post your web host ad on my site

If I get better service and uptime than my present host (which is really hard to beat, except the present down time) I may consider switching.

Please be patient for reply as I am presently trying everything within my power to get my website up and running.
I will appreciate all suggestions and offers that are serious.
All terms are negotiable.

you might get more responses if you could stick a number on how much space and transfer you'll need.

And don't mean to pry but if your (paying) host is more down then up then why stay with them at all? :confused:

Try lorn.com :
I have decided to specialize in domain hosting for web designers, script authors or other kinds of web-authors. Therefore if your site is of that kind, your chances of getting accepted are much higher. Sometimes I may accept other kinds of sites as well.

Originally posted by CareBear
you might get more responses if you could stick a number on how much space and transfer you'll need.

And don't mean to pry but if your (paying) host is more down then up then why stay with them at all? :confused:

Ok, No limit to space just enough to keep me growing and going and transfer same thing.

I agree with you on the second statement. ;)

Back