• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a fast, free host ...

kennymoens

Hi,

I need a host like this:
- 50 MB space
- FTP upload
- a download from the server should be at least 100 kB/s
- allow *.zip files

I'm wanting to use this server for downloads, so I can keep my main server free of it.

Last edited:
so you mean you're going to hotlink to it? store files on it?

and 100kb on what connection? 56k? impossible.

btw without the download speed its already totally impossible.

Originally posted by trenzterra
so you mean you're going to hotlink to it? store files on it?

Yes, I'm going to save files on it, just normal downloads (no warez or something like that, max. filesize is about 5 MB).

and 100kb on what connection? 56k? impossible.

In Belgium we've got broadband connections (Cable, ADSL,...) so we CAN get speeds of 100 kB/s (if the server can get that speed).

btw without the download speed its already totally impossible.

It should be possible to get a server of 50 MB i think :)

Originally posted by kennymoens

It should be possible to get a server of 50 MB i think :)
no such thing if you're going to hotlink to them. briefcase.yahoo.com is your best bet.

It isn't possible to get a server of 50mb unless you pay for it. Downloads slow the server down.

I need a host like this:
- 50 MB space
- a reasonable bandwidth
- a download from the server should be at least 100 kB/s
- allow *.zip files

http://www.ssihost.com provides 50 megs, no stated limites on bandwidth, and allows zip files. I get a 100k+ connection from my home adsl line, so I'd assume our server is more than capable of producing similar results for you.

I cannot recall if the terms prohibit direct linking to of downloads, and I'm too tired to read through them now, but you can always ask in the support forums

Cheers.

Originally posted by NerdCities

http://www.ssihost.com provides 50 megs, no stated limites on bandwidth, and allows zip files. I get a 100k+ connection from my home adsl line, so I'd assume our server is more than capable of producing similar results for you.

I cannot recall if the terms prohibit direct linking to of downloads, and I'm too tired to read through them now, but you can always ask in the support forums

Cheers.
OK i have checked it, they don't allow it:

Terms and Conditions

We do not allow:

- Large/numerous files primarily for storage purposes and not made viewable to the public through html pages

You don't have to hotlinking the files that you store there.

Just leave a little bit space, like 200kb.

Then put some pages there which are connecting each files, and connected the pages by your main site. And you could store the files there.

Now, I am using Geocities. Hee..

But I want some others with more space, what are some good ones that you guys can recommend to me?

Like:

50MB
FTP as fast as geocities

No other required (who cares the banners or pop ups)....

Originally posted by eNet hosts
You don't have to hotlinking the files that you store there.

Just leave a little bit space, like 200kb.

Then put some pages there which are connecting each files, and connected the pages by your main site. And you could store the files there.

Now, I am using Geocities. Hee..

But I want some others with more space, what are some good ones that you guys can recommend to me?

Like:

50MB
FTP as fast as geocities

No other required (who cares the banners or pop ups)....
www.tripod.com
use them until they spot you

Back