• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Login Details...

joyblackwell

Hi

I need help please?

Each time I try to login to my webspace it will not accept my username.

I have the details of registration so I know I'm using the correct information - I'd be very grateful for some advice please? :)

Thank you!

Joy :)

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very clearly did I? :rolleyes:

I was talking about Solid Internet. I have contacted them a few times but I've not had much luck.

I'd really appreciate some help please?

Joy :)

I don't see what any of us can do about that :confused2

Have you tried all ways of contacting them? Helpdesk.. forums if they have any.. their sales email, AIM/ICQ/MSN/IRC, telephone..

If they just won't reply maybe you need to look for a new host and/or get a refund or issue a chargeback.

Originally posted by Robert
Chargeback is the worst you could do to a hosting company, don't even suggest that.
If they don't offer service they shouldn't get paid either. Dropping the hint of a charge back seems to wake most hosts/payment processors up and take note of a problem.

My first host had done three unauthorised withdrawals on my card before a mail to their payment processor informing them of three possible chargebacks plus the request of their contact information to be passed on to my bank got my money back in the next few days. They simply took the funds out of my ex-host's account.
Amazon double charged me one time as well saying the only way I could get my money back was a coupon or by check. I mailed back asking them for an official statement admitting to the erroneous charge to be included with my chargeback form and a few hours later they informed me it was suddenly possible to credit my card and to ask me to not go through with the charge back.

In my experience it's proven to be a useful "nudge" in getting companies to do what they should have done in the first place :rolleyes:

People who do chargebacks to Amazon.. well that doesn't harm Amazon. If amazon has a 2:1000 chargeback ratio compared to a small host of a ratio of 1:5, than that hurts the host's reputation.

Originally posted by CareBear

Have you tried all ways of contacting them? Helpdesk.. forums if they have any.. their sales email, AIM/ICQ/MSN/IRC, telephone..

If you had bothered visiting our website, we don't offer any of those support methods.

If they just won't reply maybe you need to look for a new host and/or get a refund or issue a chargeback.

It's not so much of replying but the user needs to contact us throug the available methods. Calling for a chargeback is un-necassary and should only be used as a last resort.

If they don't offer service they shouldn't get paid either. Dropping the hint of a charge back seems to wake most hosts/payment processors up and take note of a problem.

We offer a service, and the service offered is provided for all customers provided they use what they paid for. We have had no problems with our other clients and are more than happy to help provided the correct procedures are taken.

I don't come here very often anymore someone just pointed me to this thread.

Originally posted by Robert
People who do chargebacks to Amazon.. well that doesn't harm Amazon. If amazon has a 2:1000 chargeback ratio compared to a small host of a ratio of 1:5, than that hurts the host's reputation.

Anyone that does chargebacks should know that theirs a threshold on how many you can do per year. It doesn't look good on your credit report either. We document all chargebacks, performed only 2 in the last 10 months of all our hosting operations however we will share this information with other hosts in the near future to prevent them getting problem customers also.

Originally posted by MN-Robert
If you had bothered visiting our website, we don't offer any of those support methods.
If you had bothered to provide support to your customer then this post wouldn't have been here in the first place. :rolleyes:

All I was saying was that e-mail isn't the only way of contacting a host and that she should try another method if one was available.
The refund thing came up because she said he tried to contact several times without success. I know myacen from name and I know it's a respected host but it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the thread here.

My second post was a reply to Robert's comment, it wasn't directed towards you or myacen :)

we will share this information with other hosts in the near future to prevent them getting problem customers also.
Make sure you have the legal issues settled because it's illegal for a company to keep a public "black list" of people where I live for instance.

(Edited because a little birdie told me he should be she :eek:)

Last edited:
If you had bothered to provide support to your customer then this post wouldn't have been here in the first place. :rolleyes:

If they client contacted us via the forums we would have had no problems assiting the client. Solidinternet is a brand for the webmaster that knows what she/he is doing. Hence the forum only support.

Back