• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Local Chamber of Commerce Meetings

YourData1st

Anyone care for going to Chamber Meetings? I went to one today over lunch, and enjoyed it. I only got to hand out 3 business cards, but I think that is pretty good being that it was the first one I’ve attended. One was actually a good lead being that she works for a local broadcasting company and knows someone running for office that needs a web page done. Another person I talked to gave me some real good ideas about where to go for quality help [for small businesses]. Just wanted to know what others feel about them and what their experiences are.

There is another networking event coming up on the 15th called "Business After Hours". It's said that more people attend these ones because it's after normal work hours. If nothing else there is free food there :)

It's said that more people attend these ones because it's after normal work hours. If nothing else there is free food there :)

It's the second part that's more correct :lol:

Some CoC's can be great, but some I've been to are not so good as they form almost private groups but love to see themselves as community leader figures.

Go a couple of times and see if they approach you for anything (except free advice or work), if not you'll have to become 'one of the lads' for it to be of any use to you :wink2:

some I've been to are not so good as they form almost private groups
yeah, that was the first thing I realizes when I arrived. They were all sitting together talking like they've know each other forever [maybe they have]. They were having the kind of conversations you don't want to interrupt being the new guy. Anyway, I figured I would grab a plate and plop myself down somewhere and just smile and nod allot. I almost couldn't take the singularity anymore, but forced myself to stay a little longer, and finally someone approached me.

I think the smiling and nodding thing worked out because I got a lot of s & n back. Even though I was nervous as heck, I tried to be as personable and confident as possible.

Back