• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Liway Hosting Down.

walker

Hi guys
Does anyone know what has happened to Liway hosting? It has been down a day or so?

Thanks

I was wondering that myself actually... If they sent out a notice, I forgot to update my e-mail X/ so it's not much use to me...

Ask them - didn't you get contact details? - one post here but nothing about them at all?? Are you having a go?

They are down from here, as in thier site, doesn't mean their clients are.

Are you a client?

Ask them - didn't you get contact details? - one post here but nothing about them at all?? Are you having a go?

They are down from here, as in thier site, doesn't mean their clients are.

Are you a client?

No i havent got contact details,if i did i wouldnt post on here,i first found out about liway through this forum so thought maybe someone on here may know whats happened.

Why are there 3 different ones asking the same question?

One replying to me?

Whoopsy - two posts AIRHOSTESS & walker - identical very close to each other.

I'm sorry for you all but it may be downtime and FWS is not a hub for host info.

Have you tried anywhere else?

To late AIRHOSTESS

Last edited:
Why are there 3 different ones asking the same question?

One replying to me?

I'm sorry for you all but it may be downtime and FWS is not a hub for host info.

Have you tried anywhere else?

So its ok to discuss any other host thats down, but they cant discuss Liway..come on now Decker thats a bit harsh..everyone comes here to report outages etc..lets not treat Liway any differently.

So its ok to discuss any other host thats down, but they cant discuss Liway..come on now Decker thats a bit harsh..everyone comes here to report outages etc..lets not treat Liway any differently.

Never said that - it's the way it's being done, and the suspicious nature of all low posts and a '----' post

It's more to give the host a chance - again why isn't their any info on contacting the host ?

PS the identical post was 'walker' and '----' - exactly the same wording... work it out... is it 2 accounts one person?

Last edited:
So because the users dont have a high post count its suspicious? Their site is down and if a client doesnt have contact information for them, Then maybe FWS is the next best thing to see if they can catch up with other Liway users to see whats going on. Also they cant get any information from a domain lookup because they have it privacy protected. So their only option is to come where they found the hosting at.

Guys the gentlemen you will need to contact on here is starcraftmazter shoot him a pm here.

Sorry about the double post,airhostess was my old name on here,i forgot my login details so created a new account,then i remmebered my login details,but forgot to logout as airhostess.

Im not complaining about Liway as it is by far and away the best free web host i have used,merely enquiring as to why its been down for 2 days,as Liway has never been down in the 4 months i have used it,so when it is down for 2 days i assume something serious has happened ,maybe an attack on their server or something.

So because the users dont have a high post count its suspicious? Their site is down and if a client doesnt have contact information for them, Then maybe FWS is the next best thing to see if they can catch up with other Liway users to see whats going on. Also they cant get any information from a domain lookup because they have it privacy protected. So their only option is to come where they found the hosting at.

Guys the gentlemen you will need to contact on here is starcraftmazter shoot him a pm here.

EDIT: it says i have insufficent privledges to access this page.

Thanks XSIS

Last edited:
Lol, I put up a support forum and none of my users ever signed up. I get the impression you have to bribe them to.

EDIT: it says i have insufficent privledges to access this page.

Thanks XSIS

Ill shoot him a pm on your behalf and make him aware of the thread. I think its your post count isnt high enough for pm but ill glady pm him for you.

Edit: PM SENT

Last edited:
I already PMed him. Here is the reply:
Hey.

Yeh, we have the most bizarre difficulty, where the guy who manages finances of our provider has been away (I suspect in the hospital, since he gets sick frequently), and he didn't pay for the servers in advance, so now their use has been suspended by the DC.

I'm getting the issue sorted now of course, and I have a backup server always running with slightly lower specs, but err....unless I have something to copy from it's not much use

I hope it will be settled in the next 1-2 days, but I feel pessimistic, as the weekend is upon us.

@Decker -- With all due respect, your a ----

@Walker -- I'm a client as well and I don't have account details but it's probably a routine failure... Although surely they would have announced it ahead of time. I mean they usually announce hourly downtime a week ahead so...

@Decker -- With all due respect, your a ----
@ Junixx, hope you never need anyone to cover yours. :)

And that is never with any respect as you don't know me.

Previous question of posting on the host answered, so your reason is?

XSIS did good but if no one asks questions it can get out of hand, so I ask.

well if you were smart enough to look at the times of the post then you will see that we both started our posts at almost the exact same time and mine was posted 2 minutes later because I was actually doing my research :D

well if you were smart enough to look at the times of the post then you will see that we both started our posts at almost the exact same time and mine was posted 2 minutes later because I was actually doing my research :D

What 1/2 an hour apart - some research.

ROFL you are stupid...

13:48 and 13:50 are not half an hour apart. If we look at this mathematically then 50 - 48 would equal 2. Since it equals 2 then it would be logical to assume that the 2 would mean 2 minutes.

If you have any questions regarding the time between the posts im sure you can find someone else on these boards that can count and/or use the calculator. BTW, it goes Hour:Minute and in some cases Hour:Minute:Second.

And if you wish to challenge the 2 minutes. I am currently on a slow internet connection and checking my e-mail is worse than hell.

Are there any other questions and/or points you could possibly come up with? Accept you acted like a ---- and move on.

Okey guys COME ON, there is absolutely no need for this hostility.

Firstly, I'd like to say how honoured I am that there is a thread dedicated to Liway, because we're been down a mere 2 days. Shows what a great big host we have become :D

Secondly, I'd like to thank XSIS-HOST for being the only person to PM me about this.

Thirdly, I'd like to confirm what Antrax said on the page previous, with deep regret.

The situation as it stands:
It is extremely regrettable that I decided to switch to rocknrabbit.com for VPS services a few months ago because of trouble with ECS. Regrettable because our old VPS is still oneline and kicking (while I'm kicking myself :bkick: ).

Tyler, who manages the finances of rocknrabbit.com has allegedly been away for at least a month, and it appears he didn't pay for their servers many months upfront. As a result, they were taken back and wiped. I have enquired as to why we weren't notified, and it was said to me, that the server company didn't realise that anyone was using the particular server I was on. Very sad.

Effectively, all the data is gone. Any backups that we had were wiped as well, since they were on the same servers. We did not keep any offline or external backups, since it would have been a logistical nightmare to create and manage them.

Where we go from here:
I'm going to use our old VPS as a temporary space to discuss the situation with clients and bring our main site back up.

Liway of course has backups of it's own site. I hope our users are smart enough to have theirs.

I am getting a new VPS set up shortly from someone...more reliable. It will be done early next week I hope, and I can re-create most of the accounts.

To Shared/Reseller Clients:
Your invoices for the month of July and August will be cancelled, giving you 2 months of free hosting.
This applies to all packs.

To Free Clients:
Our forums backup is almost 2 weeks old unfortunately. It is extremely regrettable that all the information from the last 2 weeks will be lost, including account information.

For everyone else whom registered and requested hosting prior to the 25th of June will have their hosting accounts automatically re-created, once we are on the new VPS.

To compensate for your troubles, you two will be given 2 weeks of free hosting (that is, no need to pay points), and monthly charges of July and August will be cancelled or nulled.

To Domains Clients:
Our domain services (including digital certs) were unaffected, as they are provided by Directi. Our domains site should be up in a day or so, once DNS records propagate.

I am truly deeply sorry for the inconvenience this will surely cause. I hope all my clients can understand that I really couldn't have done anything about this or prevented it in any way.

I always do what I believe is best for Liway Hosting. I did not choose rocknrabbit because they were cheap (as I cannot say they were), but because they provided a better overall bundle of services.

Liway will never shut down, close, die or cease to exist. We had our share of problems many years ago...I thought we've seen the last of them, but this is hosting and problems will always occur. We have recovered before, and will again.

We offer a huge range of services, and have designed very unique free hosting software to help us be a better host. Both me, Phil and the entire staff team at Liway including Currie, Daniel, Space, the R&D Team, Firefox Division and everyone else have put countless hours of work into building one of the greatest free hosts, and we will not quit now.

Thank you.

Back