• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Livin4.com = FREE = DEAD

ibfw

Dear livin4.com Members,

I regret to inform you that all free 50 and 25 megabyte accounts with livin4.com will be terminated. This termination includes thousands of members. We do not want to lose our members, but due to the rising costs and because of spam and illegal sites, livin4.com is discontinuing its free program. We hate to see our free members leave our services, but the hours spent on tracking spammers and illegal program sites has become enormously high. Our lack of funds cannot allow us to spend all of our time tracking these members. Although, 95% of our members are not involved in any of these illegal activities, the other 5% take up 100% of our time. We are letting go of over 6000 free members, but do not want you to see you leave livin4.com.

FTP access will be available for the next two weeks, so our members can download their files. On June 3, 2003, the files will no longer be available.

You can login using the same address
ftp.livin4.net

Use your username and password to login. We recommend using WS_FTP or CuteFTP to download your files.

We are currently running a special with our paid services. All paid services come with 24 hours, 7 days a week support. For $4.95 per month, you can sign-up for our service and receive 300MB with support for CGI, PHP, and much more.
Check out the details at http://www.livin4.com/special/

If you have any questions regarding our this change or need help, please feel free to email support@livin4.com

Sincerely,
livin4.com

that's just bussiness cheat , when they become more popular, they will close all the free account and ask for free user to punch their paid hosting, but we can blame them due too much free hosting with good offer there ~! i think this another good idea to get more hit for ur site compare with giving away free sponser hosting to someone with large amount . :)

Originally posted by velton
that's just bussiness cheat , when they become more popular, they will close all the free account and ask for free user to punch their paid hosting, but we can blame them due too much free hosting with good offer there ~! i think this another good idea to get more hit for ur site compare with giving away free sponser hosting to someone with large amount . :)
Agreed! :D
I think ibfw also runs www.hostdepartment.com?

that's just bussiness cheat , when they become more popular, they will close all the free account and ask for free user to punch their paid hosting
what if people abused your server.
if i was you, I would delete all free acounts and start a paid plan :)

that's just bussiness cheat , when they become more popular, they will close all the free account and ask for free user to punch their paid hosting, but we can't blame them due too much free hosting with good offer there ~! i think this another good idea to get more hit for ur site compare with giving away free sponser hosting to someone with large amount . :)

Originally posted by Allowee
Then why he gives 50mb with no file size limits when he know that people will abuse his services.

I am agree with velton.

Originally posted by Allowee

Yeah, just cram one more pay host into the internet's already bloated paid hosting industry.

i just saw it today got the same message:

Dear livin4.com Members,

I regret to inform you that all free 50 and 25 megabyte accounts with livin4.com
will be terminated._ This termination includes thousands of members._ We do not
want to lose our members, but due to the rising costs and because of spam and
illegal sites, livin4.com is discontinuing its free program._ We hate to see our
free members leave our services, but the hours spent on tracking spammers and
illegal program sites has become enormously high._ Our lack of funds cannot
allow us to spend all of our time tracking these members._ Although, 95% of our
members are not involved in any of these illegal activities, the other 5% take
up 100% of our time._ We are letting go of over 6000 free members, but_ do not
want you to see you leave livin4.com.

FTP access will be available for the next two weeks, so our members can download
their files._ On June 3, 2003, the files will no longer be available.

You can login using the same address
ftp.livin4.net

Use your username and password to login._ We recommend using WS_FTP or CuteFTP
to download your files.

We are currently running a special with our paid services._ All paid services
come with 24 hours, 7 days a week support._ For $4.95 per month, you can sign-up
for our service and receive 300MB with support for CGI, PHP, and much more.
Check out the details at http://www.livin4.com/special/

If you have any questions regarding our this change or need help, please feel
free to email support@livin4.com

Sincerely,
livin4.com

This message is from livin4.com
We have been providing service, but we cant continue it when many members are cheating our services. Some try using their FTP as a server. Our transfer rates were at almost 10 MB/second on ONE machine. That is crazy and too costly. If we could, we would keep everybody. Throttling the users was active, but people would always find ways around, and about 50% would create multiple accounts. Spending all this time for free does nothing for us. There is no way to make money helping the free members, and we are spending 100% of our time on all the Free members actions.

I wonder when the constant abusers will ever take the hint?

ABUSE AND YOU LOSE :chinese2:

Sad. Abusers should catch that hint, I agree with you Jan.

I wonder why they like to ruin stuff for other people...

Sure they lose....they lost their account and now must find another host to abuse. LOW LIFE SCUM is a good way to describe the abusers.

If any members here are LOW LIFE SCUM and you take offence to my comments, tough, you can send a trouble report :classic2:

Last edited:
Originally posted by conkermaniac
Jan, that's exactly the problem! The abusers don't lose. It's always the innocent people who lose. :(
But why they abuse?:nervous:

Originally posted by Faraz
But why they abuse?:nervous:
there are people who want to download illegal files like mp3's and warez.

but there are more abusers..
the people who signup at (almost) every host they see.
I'm sure that you can't have 100 sites and update them.

From livin4.com:
Does anyone know of the software or program that creates multiple accounts. We are desperately trying to find this program. There were people creating 150 free accounts in less than 2 minutes. All had different IPs and different names. But the account names were all unique and nonsense. So, we could tell that they were fake, but I have not been able to find this software? Any know where we can obtain a copy. Somehow their IPs were cloaked and different. That way we can better update our systems and learn how the program works in order to get around it. This is not only important to livin4.com, but I'm sure to many other hosting companies as well.

Originally posted by livin4
From livin4.com:
Does anyone know of the software or program that creates multiple accounts. We are desperately trying to find this program. There were people creating 150 free accounts in less than 2 minutes. All had different IPs and different names. But the account names were all unique and nonsense. So, we could tell that they were fake, but I have not been able to find this software? Any know where we can obtain a copy. Somehow their IPs were cloaked and different. That way we can better update our systems and learn how the program works in order to get around it. This is not only important to livin4.com, but I'm sure to many other hosting companies as well.

err, many PROFESSIONAL companies already have these software/scripts :D

Back