• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Link Help....

Lokannon

Okay, since my hosting server is STILL down for 'repairs' i cant post the link so you can see what my problem is... So ill try to explain it.

The design im trying to do has a <td> that is 80 x 35 pixels. The bakground is a DARK grayish color, and it has binary code as the background in a slightly lighter gray color. What can i actually make the links as?? Plain text is kinda BLAH. If i do have plain text, what should i do to make it INTERESTING. Should i have a picture that represents what the link is to (for example a House would be for home, etc.) and have a text link next to it? Should the whole Table cell fade in and out on mouseover. Im a little stuck here. Some help??

Thnx, i appreciate everyones help!!!

:: Lokannon

Make it simple and have a word inside but at the same time you should format the text. Most sites don't use pictures in their navigation. For more advice I would need to see your site.

Ya...

I can understand that you need to see the site... Its not exactly easy to help without something to see....

About the text Nav's..... should i make the Words pictures? So that i can have a cool font? Or should i Use that cool fade away text-link script? Or should i just use boring old text?

As i said before, i know its hard to help, but i appreciate your effort!!

(( edit -- what do you mean by "format the text"?? im a little confused...))

Ah...

Got it....

When my friggin host gets back up, ill show you what im talkin about.. thnx anyways though, i think i got an idea... :devious2:

Just using Verdana, Size 1, Bold should be enough. That format looks neat in my opinion, depending on what the rest of your site looks like.

If you decided to make images for each word, it would look good if you made rollovers, so basically it is extra work.

If you have a lot of links, I think using the text-fade script would look just fine.

hm...

Im not gonna have THAT many links... Maybe eight main 'top' links (the 80 x 35 cells). I think im gonna make image rollovers with em. But i have to find out what i want it to do when i roll over the image... i might just use the Fade script, and fade from a dark dark dark gray, to white... or use images so i can have a cool text, and fade form a dark gray to white. Ill go try em out now. :D:D:D. Thnx!

Back