• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Let it snow!

CommunityOne

It has snowed like 4" here in Evansville. It was horrible today going to work and back, absolute HELL. The weatherman said not to drive unless you have to until 12 noon Thursday (Central Time). I'm not driving to work on these icy horrible roads.

Let it snow because I don't have to go to work!!! :D

Originally posted by CommunityOne
It has snowed like 4" here in Evansville. It was horrible today going to work and back, absolute HELL. The weatherman said not to drive unless you have to until 12 noon Thursday (Central Time). I'm not driving to work on these icy horrible roads.

Let it snow because I don't have to go to work!!! :D
While you can sit in your chair at home with heating at max, I have to freeze my --- and walk to school for 20 minutes. Iced wind is blowing in my face, sidewalks are iced to the max, dumb city too poor to put stupid salt on sidewalks so people could actually walk and not skate...

Everybody sing along.... Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! (NOT)

And people call Canada an igloo? It was 18 degrees (70something in American-speak) just a day ago here. We'll see an inch of snow in January (if we're lucky). Bah!

dang!! give me some of that...sweltering hot here today (40 celcius at least)..and the whole state is on fire again :(

Remind me to hurt the stupid weatherdude over here. We get snow every year around here since I moved here, and this weatherman has been saying "Ohhh it will sleet tuesday!" Didn't happen. "Ohhh it will freeze over, sleet, snow, everything wednesday!" No go. AHHHHHHHH!

Originally posted by syd
And people call Canada an igloo? It was 18 degrees (70something in American-speak) just a day ago here. We'll see an inch of snow in January (if we're lucky). Bah!

That's strange. I always thought Vancouver hardly saw any snow:confused: Isn't it usually around 4-5 degrees Celsius in January?

It snowed here last night and we have about five inches on the ground, the freezing rain is still coming down. It'll ice over tonight and I'll have no school tommorow as well. Life is good :D.

Originally posted by goirulz
That's strange. I always thought Vancouver hardly saw any snow:confused: Isn't it usually around 4-5 degrees Celsius in January?

yes snow is fairly rare in vancouver, and it is usually 4-5 degrees there, but occasionaly during the night it will drop to 0 and there will be just a bit of snow. it usually melts by noon though

Re: Re: Let it snow!

Originally posted by Wojtek
While you can sit in your chair at home with heating at max, I have to freeze my --- and walk to school for 20 minutes. Iced wind is blowing in my face, sidewalks are iced to the max, dumb city too poor to put stupid salt on sidewalks so people could actually walk and not skate...

Everybody sing along.... Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! (NOT)

What do you think I had to put up with when I went to school? 45 minute walk in those same conditions...

Originally posted by Nick
It snowed here last night and we have about five inches on the ground, the freezing rain is still coming down. It'll ice over tonight and I'll have no school tommorow as well. Life is good :D.

They're going to cancel school cause the roads are icy???

You have to consider his location, Blank. They don't have snow plows or even salt trucks. The majority of the people down there couldn't even identify a snow shovel. :rolleyes:

Light flurries, they send us home, it's melted by noon, we have the day off. Works for me :biggrin2:.

I used to live farther north, and they didn't close school until we had AT LEAST two or three feet of snow. People down here go home if flurries start, but I get out of school, so it's no big deal to me :biggrin2:.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
They're going to cancel school cause the roads are icy???

No frick, sherlock. :rolleyes2 My school would have to, too, if it were bad. But we're a private school and have people from up to 30-35 miles away coming. ...I lost control of my car three times on the way home monday because of the ice. problem is, all the admin who decide on delays and cancellations live within 2 minutes of the school. the majority live across the street. they wait till everything else is closed to close our school; but it's worse for us who go there than for the public schools.

there. rant over. yes people have school cancelled for ice. a thin layer of ice is worse than snow, you know.

EDIT: but nick's post about flurries is just wrong. :p

Back