• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

learning php

Thats one slow comp!

My first computer was some pos 133mhz with 16mb of ram and a 4GB HD. I built a new comp which I now use 850Mhz AMD K7 256MB of PC133 RAM 20GB HD. It's very nice! I wouldn't suggest running a webiste off your comp if it's under 400 Mhz!

Last edited:
Hosting a website off your own computer? Erm, wouldn't that be a bit risky? :bandit2: Plus, you have to turn it on even through the night.

Just use a firewall that lets filesharing

And I never turn my comp off. I just press the suspend button on my keyboard.

"SSI-like" includes can be done like this:
PHP:
<?php
include("yourpathtothefile.html");
?>
If it is a PHP file you're trying to include, make sure the PHP tags are at the beginning and end of the included file.

Originally posted by harrylmh
Hosting a website off your own computer? Erm, wouldn't that be a bit risky? :bandit2: Plus, you have to turn it on even through the night.
Yes, but I use my computer as a host just to test out the scripts. Using it as a host doesn't mean you have a website.

the tutorial in php.net is not very good... I'm working on a series of beginner tutorials called Learning PHP... I already got 4 of them done.

LoL!

I'm not a tutorial I'm just a new experence. If you want real time help download mIRC and go to #php on dal.net(You can also use the java base client at dal, but I think it suxs) type /join #php to go to the channel. I hang out in there sometimes and help newbs!

Back