• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

LCD Problems

EpidemiK

NLC
I think these 3 problems on my laptop just started 2 days ago.

My screen is completely washed out. It is way too bright, and even through much adjusting of the brightness and color settings, it doesn't make it better.

Also, there are gray lines across the screen when I'm moving a window. The lines generally follow the pattern of the window and it goes from the left to the right.

Finally, this thing continually flickers in dark/black regions.

I'm gonna do a reformat, and if that doesnt work, I'm gonna just take it in into a repair shop.

Any ideas?

Well, it's hard to judge without see it. An LDC Screen for a laptop can cost almost half the value of what you paid.

How old is the laptop?

1. scan for virus
2. reformat/reinstall

That'll solve all your probs.

Mine used to turn off 10secs after I booted up, except in safe mode, cleaned of viruses and works fine :)

Personally I don't think it is a virus or requires anything drastic like a reformat or an install. :confused:

I think you should take it into a repair shop before wiping dry your system. You said it was an LCD problem, there must be something wrong with the screen. Is there any damage to the display cables? Backlight problems? Dead pixels? Scratched screen? Debris?

Try and take it to the repair shop, a virus is very unlikely.

The laptop is about 4 months old. There are no damages on the monitor. I guess I will try a reformat (since i have no important files on it, just my homework) and then if that doesn't fix it, I'll take it in for repair since it's still under warranty.

Trust me, it WAS a virus that was ----ing my lcd
jeewoo.32 if I remember right :)

Scan your lappy and clean everything,
Give it a try, fast fix if its the case.

Are you sure it's not a hardware problem?
Trying booting into DOS or something like that and loading up a GUI and see how it looks.

Originally posted by jmiller
Are you sure it's not a hardware problem?
Trying booting into DOS or something like that and loading up a GUI and see how it looks.

On that note... Just try loading into your BIOS screen before any windows apps get involved. If it still looks screwy, it's a hardware problem. If it looks good in the BIOS screen, it's a software problem.

Hmm .. I just reformatted and still no luck. Guess I'll have to ship it to HP and have them repair it. :(

Whoa. Today I was copying a file over from a CD and the LCD returned back to normal with no more problems! :eek:

The mysteries of Windows ..

Back