• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Layered Panel v iHost?

Looked at their site and iHost is a billing system while iPanel is designed for for the free host.

Just re-read the specs and requirements, and it's a bit 'fluffy' for iPanel, requires Cpanel / WHM and has donation gateways billing invoicing- all seems a bit scatty!?!

Thats because the developers expect someone to buy the script for paid hosting as well. There are lots more scripts available, at same pricing which are better than the iPanel, if they can ever lower their lease price, they should get more orders though.

Well to let you know, in my opinion layered panel is useless. It just does not have 1% of the features included in Cpanel.

Well to let you know, in my opinion layered panel is useless. It just does not have 1% of the features included in Cpanel.

1) Layered Panel surely does have more than 1% of the features included in Cpanel.

2) Free hosting providers should, in my opinion, focus on offering reliable service and not 100s of features, that should be left for the paid hosting industry.

3) Most freehosting users prefer simplicity. Most people do not even know what cPanel is and do not care about it. Don't be confused by the fact so many people in these forums praise cPanel and want nothing else. It's because most forum users are "techies" and not the average web surfers.

Now don't get me wrong. I like cPanel. But for the average freehosting user it is, in my opinion, too bulky. Layered Panel, or just about any other control panel for that matter, allows you to upload your web and host it, manage the MySQL database(s), see the web stats, and install applications with a few mouse clicks (LP has something similar to Fantastico) . What else do you want from freehosting?

The more advanced stuff such as mail account management, password protection for directories, .htaccess editing etc. is not available through LP because it's simply not offered as part of the free hosting service.

While you may believe that Layered Panel does not offer enough features, you should always keep in mind that just the fact you are able to write a forum post shows that you are more technically savvy than the vast majority of the web surfers and that they have different needs than you.

Tomas

Back