• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Laptop with longest running power

ashben

Anyone aware, which laptop(s) (... company & model) have the longest running battery power at one go?

Also, is anyone here using a Tablet PC? What's your experience with it?

Last edited:
Originally posted by trenzterra
Don't buy Acer, it stinks. I had lots of problems with it. (Except those Centrinos)
My dad has an Acer tablet ..... real smooth IMO. Dunno about the battery power though, I always use it plugged since I'm at home.

Originally posted by LeX
My dad has an Acer tablet ..... real smooth IMO. Dunno about the battery power though, I always use it plugged since I'm at home.
Is that a P3M or Centrino? Also don't buy those with ALi and SiS chipsets.

I believe Apple has a 6hour battery life on one of the iBooks.

Also maybe a Dell ? I think the newer ones have pretty good battery life. (mine only has 2hour :hurt2: )

Originally posted by CoRN
I believe Apple has a 6hour battery life on one of the iBooks.

Also maybe a Dell ? I think the newer ones have pretty good battery life. (mine only has 2hour :hurt2: )
They claim that they do, though I am yet to get such a length.

Even with my contrast at about 50%, wifi card off, and using little CPU, the most I have ever gotten is just over 5 hours.

i have a dell inspiron 500m.i perfectly happy with it. the centrino proccesser it has is real handy. it has about a 6 hour battery life with both batterys. the centrino is cool in that it improves battery life AND has an intergrated 802.11b (Wi-Fi) chipset in it. i am actually using it right now on its battery, in my living room, listening to music on my stereo :)))....

Back