• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Kudos to CNN...

Mandrake

NLC
NLC
I noticed this morning that, for a while, CNN removed almost all of the graphics and usual setup of their main page, and only had a CNN logo, one or two pictures, and text up. Obviously to reduce the server and bandwidth load from the initial onrush of traffic. Smart thinking... Probably kept their servers from crashing.

P.S. - They've added some of them back now.

I noticed it too. Cnn.com was the first place I looked, after I seen Lex post, and the site was not avail for awhile.

Last edited:
Hmm... It was working when I got to work. Last I checked, they had restored their sub-menus and stuff, although there still weren't any ads. The only site I had trouble with was azcentral.com, our local newspaper's site, and then most of the problems were accessing stories on the ap.org site, which I'm sure was being inundated from all over.

Yeah I really like how they announce where the president is/where he's going down to almost the second.

Originally posted by Gayowulf
It was all a little sensationalized.
What isn't?
But still, sensationalized or not, this is something that is huge. One cannot deny that.

Yea kudos to CNN for replaying that video of people jumping out of the tower.

Sorry to be such an ass, but companies like CNN, MSNBC, ABCNews almost pray for crap like this to happen.

Don't be sorry. This is there lively hood. Behind all those glum faces on camera I know they are rejoicing at the prospect of getting exclusive footage, beating other channels to the deadline.

Here, I have been seeing FoxNews, CNN, NBC all day and each of them were reporting the same thing occasionally getting an eyewitness and trying to outdo each other.

Originally posted by LastActionHero
Here, I have been seeing FoxNews, CNN, NBC all day and each of them were reporting the same thing occasionally getting an eyewitness and trying to outdo each other.
Think about it this way: they're reporting for the latecomers. :p

Actually that wasn't really a support of the news media... More a support for their webmaster, etc., for having brains.

I'm not a big fan of the news media because of the way they overdramatise and sensationalise some things. Almost does seem like they revel in death and destruction. :(

Originally posted by Mandrake
Actually that wasn't really a support of the news media... More a support for their webmaster, etc., for having brains.

I'm not a big fan of the news media because of the way they overdramatise and sensationalise some things. Almost does seem like they revel in death and destruction. :(

You're right. I apologize for going off like that. I agree that the webmasters of said sites did a great job to conserve bandwith and get the word out.

Back