• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Knock of nigel, who's yours?

Dynash

It gets better.
NLC
Okay, well anyone in the UK has got to have seen the little series of adverts about illegal downloading. I don't get why they are trying to portray illegal downloading as "uncool". I think they have seriously never downloaded illegally, why are most org's trying to make teens stop doing things by making it "uncool" to do it? It's getting on my nerves.

If no one has seen them, here are the UK ones.
1) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbqBPmInjQ
2) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhdK5Yl8u0

They aren't Rickrolls. this is though. :p

Anyway, what are the anti-piracy adverts in your country? Are they cool songs like the UK's? :cool2:

LOL Yeah, these make me laught. ive seen that on tv. They say the quality is bad n stuff, but theres hardly nv bad quality stuff n e more. Lol

haha, I showed that to my friend because the one in Cyprus is that one they where taking the mic off. :lol:

I've always had strong views on piracy & anti-piracy.

First of all, like triggersworld said, it is a form of bullying. Which they're not only encouraging, but creating. Not that that's a huge issue :p

Secondly, like Dynash said, it's extremely patronising. Thinking that these organisations can make people think what's cool and what's not. It's also pretty embarrasing, like your dad dancing at a wedding disco.

Thirdly, it's not stealing and can't really be compared to. I'm not saying it's not against the law; it is - copyright infringement; however, this isn't "stealing" and shouldn't be treated as such.

Fourth; all these anti-piracy ads - when do you see them? When you pirate content? Never. What about when you pay legally for it? In the cinema? Check. On DVDs? Check. Can you ever skip them? No, not unless you pirate the content or (probably illegally) crack your dvd player.

Back