• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Keyboard shortcut woes

meow

Rebutted, enshrined
NLC
If that's what it's called. You know, when you assign a key frequence to run a program. Like CTRL + ALT + X.

Anyway, aren't you supposed to be able to assign them to a icon shortcut ANYWHERE on your drive in Win2K? I can't. They have to be on the start menu or the desktop and sometimes not even that helps. Sometimes they need to be on the desktop and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

What could be wrong? I don't have sticky keys or anything like that turned on (that I know of). :cry2:

Hey, I've noticed that too. I have tried to make keyboard shortcuts, and they don't work? What gives?

You have? :)

I thought you could place them ANYWHERE in Win98+. ----, this is worse than I had it earlier.

Anyway, I've found some advice on the Net. One was to delete old shortcuts and create new. That worked for some. Another was that a non English (US) keyboard could screw things up. So I switched. No go.

This sucks so bad. :mad:

Ha! I asked my private computer guru (the one that tries to shove XP down my throat) and he has been dissing me since like i was retarded. I've been thinking there maybe is something one needs to turn on or off that I haven't found yet. :mad:

I just found a posting to a newsgroup. Someone lost it in 2K after installing service pack 2 for IE5.5. :confused:

Back