• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just so f***** annoyed...

conkermaniac

VIP
NLC
Well, if you haven't heard already (from the numerous news resources who have reported on this), Google is now inaccessible in China because the government has blocked it. This really pisses me off because I use it for honest purposes, and now I don't have access to the best search engine in the world (I guess I'm stuck with using those ad-cluttered AOL and Yahoo searcjes for Google results [and outdated ones, at that]). :(

Last edited:
Hello,

Wouldn't it be possible to use a proxy to get around the IP routing system your ISP obviously uses :confused:

Originally posted by MN-Carl
Hello,

Wouldn't it be possible to use a proxy to get around the IP routing system your ISP obviously uses :confused:

Well, that used to be a solution. But now China has the best proxy blocking system (don't know the technical details of it, except for the fact that it's built by Cisco :p) in probably the whole world, and they are able to block proxies from lists within seconds. And if you use an unblocked proxy, they'll also be able to track and block the proxy within 24 hours. :(

Hello,

Nothing is impossible to "bypass".

Even if not actually bypassing it but exposing a floor in the actual routing system or the servers you login to.

How do you actually connect to the internet?

it er, shows the google front page, with a broken image. is that what it's sposed to? anyway, if you try and search or click on anything you get a 404. which is what I assume wouild be "complicated" making it work.

Hello,

Yes - But I want to see if conkermaniac can view it before I start making it work :cool2:

Originally posted by MN-Carl
Hello,

Nothing is impossible to "bypass".

Even if not actually bypassing it but exposing a floor in the actual routing system or the servers you login to.

How do you actually connect to the internet?

Well, it's not impossible, but incredibly difficult. I heard that I can probably get past it using some kind of Shell encryption, of which I know absolutely nothing. :(

Also, I can access the 1world4u Google page perfectly. Just hope it doesn't get blocked before you finish. :confused2

But thanks! :D

why are they blocking the chinese? i am too lazy to read it, please tell me directly... racism? i hate that!

They are blocking Google cause they afraid about the truth about corruption and what not as well as anti-commies stuff on the net.
As for what you can do about it, well, seem pretty much nothing to me as I did come from a commie country and I know all too well about them. Unless the whole 90% of the country revolt. Other than that, they will kill if you try.

I remember a couple years ago, my old commie country which is Vietnam also block various site on the net. One of them that know of is all site from Geocities. I also heard various news sites also. I think they unblock those sites I mentioned above now, not really sure. But they are still blocking various other sites now.

That's what happen in a commie country for those of you that don't know. They also decide what you should know and what you should not. I remember when I was young and go to school there, man, they start the brainwash immediately when you enter 1st grade. The history book now looking back are all filled with propaganda and sh*ts. Man, I do really feel sorry for those who had to live in such a place.

Just read your post carefully...I just have one question: you think the American textbooks aren't brainwashing American children? They are full of blind patriotism and simply lies. They encourage white supremacy, and I'm talking about some of the latest textbooks that are being used in most American schools today. From Kindergarten on, I know that I've been "trained" into the thinking that Columbus was a great explorer, when he was ruthless and an enslaver of Indians. They try to claim that the US is the most equal society in the world, when it is surpassed by countries like Lesotho and the Netherlands. If American textbooks truly cared about conveying the idea of equality, they would teach us Lesothoan history, not American, and there is not a country in the world that would do that (except Lesotho, which of course also lacks in other areas).

Sounds like you've had a little brainwashing conker...

At least in my school no "white supremacy" is preached, what so ever, and we learned about "explorers". And we learn western history because we are from western countries. We also learn about other places, but very little, because they are of little concern to us.

Anyways, about blocking Google, just be glad they allow you any freedoms. Think about it, you are allowed to use much of the internet. Do kids in fifth world countries know what the internet or computers are?

Back