• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just Read It

RonDoubt

NetCabins News:

As many of you know, NetCabins has been developing our advertisement system for quite some time now. We are excited to announce that it will be ready very soon. In a few more days, all NetCabins users will begin receiving popups on each of their pages. Shortly thereafter, these popups will be removable by inserting a banner code into your pages.

We at NetCabins know that not all users are in favor of popup advertisements. We have gotten a few comments such as "No!! I hate popups!" so we have made a compromise. During the time of forced popups (which WILL be a short time) the popups will actually load BEHIND your pages rather than on top like most do. This makes them much less obtrusive, and in most cases your visitors will not even see the popup until after they have left your site.

For users who actually prefer popups over banner advertisements, you will not have to add the banner code when it is ready. Just leave it out of each page, and the popups will continue to load instead.

Terrific! Just what everybody needs these days...

The next thing you know, Crosswinds will be coming up with the same idea, with the excuse of "in loving memory of my uncle john, who had always wanted popups on our members' pages" etc. Sad to see Crosswinds with ads. How long has their registration been offline for maintenance?

(P.S. I'm just being sarcastic, Crosswinds, I have no intentions in insulting your Uncle John)

I don't know though, I like the idea of the pop-up going behind the page. Nice one!

Some form of advertising is a fact of life where FWPs are concerned and I can't see anything wrong. If the advert is reasonable and the FWP is generally reliable, then okay!

I just got an email to say my site at Netcabins is okay to go, so I'll be doing something there shortly!

eck!

From when the pop ups start, how long roughly will it be until we can add the banners to our pages?

'Just read it' doesn't seem to be a good thread topic. Maybe next time 'Netcabins Banner News' ???

Originally posted by LeX
Sad to see Crosswinds with ads.

Yes, it is sad, but you don't see me complaining, because my site utilizes frames and as a result doesn't load the pop-ups! Crosswinds doesn't care. As long as you're not deliberately trying to get around their ads, then you won't see your site extinct for them not loading. Also, for as little as $14.99 a YEAR, you can have your pages ad-free, if they don't ever remove them from everyone's pages.

How long has their registration been offline for maintenance?

It should be back online later this week, after their NEW servers are FINALLY in.

By the way, why hasn't Lenny posted here? He's registered; if you look in the "Find Members" feature of this UBB board, you will find him.

Re: eck!

Originally posted by Toefur
From when the pop ups start, how long roughly will it be until we can add the banners to our pages?

The banner code should be ready less than a week after the popups are started.

Originally posted by Cracker
if you look in the "Find Members" feature of this UBB board, you will find him.

Since when was think a UBB board? Nobody informed me about this! Why am I always the last to know :mad:!?

hey

you all new it was coming so why do you care. you should be thankful it will allow the service to stay up and he has given you this long enough time period without banners.

Originally posted by Nick
Since when was think a UBB board? Nobody informed me about this! Why am I always the last to know :mad:!?
You were the last to know because this isn't a UBB, it's vBulletin...

Originally posted by Coolin
You were the last to know because this isn't a UBB, it's vBulletin...

Don't you just love it when people don't pick up on a little bit of sarcasm ;)?

Originally posted by needcgispace
i'd just kill the popups with a simple javascript :p

Boy, was that intelligent considering the owner of NC posts here :rolleyes:.

Be pragmatic!

I can understand your indignation, from the point of view of a host. But consider yourself as a visitor to your site with 32 mb of ram with 2 windows already open; the pop-ups are real pain in the neck (not to speak of the pain of searching for the top right-hand corner to click on the "X" without even a momentary glance at the pop-up ad!)
If you wish to fantasy that folks fall in love on pop-ups and consider it equal to Christina Aguilera, and go on clicking on them(You can hear the $'s clanging!!), well, itz your pleasure!
But, please be practical. None like annoying pop-ups. Period.
'Nuff said.
Cheers!
S.K

Originally posted by Nick
Don't you just love it when people don't pick up on a little bit of sarcasm ;)?

Nobody ever catches unto your sarcasm Nick, I think it's a conspiracy against funny people.

Originally posted by KapTinKiRk
Nobody ever catches unto your sarcasm Nick, I think it's a conspiracy against funny people.

That's it, conspiracy! .....Thank God there's no Monica Lewinski involved ;).

Back