• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just comments on layout...?

Clean and simple design, I like blue. :)

Sentence and paragraph on site would be better if you change align to justify.

And may be I have some idea for Mr River about design :)

Tested in IE6 56k modem 800x600. Loads nice and fast. Black text a little difficult to read against the background. Looks good in 800x600. A very nice design. Good luck with it.

Nick

Looks good, except the top looks a little strange.

Riverworld.net as a registered Australian trader means your investment in our services are guaranteed - unlike our competition. <-- I suggest you put in commas in this sentence, it's hard to digest at one whole.

Also, the link hovers does not work on visited links, you might want to fix that.

Thanks everyone thus far.

horaz: suggestions taken on board and utilized

nick: I'm looking into lightening the background...

trenzterra: paragraph re-worded and I'm looking into the nav idea

PhoenixNetworks: I'm looking into adjusting the footer - what about the logo don't you like?

Site adjusted

I love the clean and simple desing you have there. Except the navigation on doesn't look good jammed in between the header and the main body... Otherwise good job!

Im using Firefox here, and your side menu doesnt line up with the body. Its above it. Looks fine in IE, just in Firefox. Looking at your source and playing around with it, <tr><td> on line 116 fixed it.

Am I the only one here using Firefox?

I havn't had a chance to do the rounds of my site in altering browsers and Operating Systems...

I designed it in Opera.

If you get a free chance, could you please post a screen shot and suggest how to fix it?

Riverworld said:
If you get a free chance, could you please post a screen shot and suggest how to fix it?

Read my last post on how to fix it. It worked for me. Id post a screen shot but Im in a little bit of a hurry right now, maybe tonight if I remember

Could you please post the surrounding code of line 116?

Because of how the site has been setup - the main document isn't actually very big at all and line 116 is like </html>

Simple and Blue ! I like it !

hmm but maybe you should care more about the Font ! and the text colour...

Ok, see where this is?

<table width="130" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" align="left" bgcolor="#445488" valign="top">
<!-- This includes the NAV for the site, and will change depending on the URL -->
<font color="#445488" align="right"><br />

Do this:

<table width="130" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" align="left" bgcolor="#445488" valign="top">
<tr><td>
<!-- This includes the NAV for the site, and will change depending on the URL -->
<font color="#445488" align="right"><br />

It will look the same in IE but will be much better in firefox :)

Tested in: IE6
Connection: 512k DSL

Speed = 9/10
Content = 8/10
Design = 5/10
Overall = 7/10

Reflecting on my last post, site design is nice, but I still don't like the logo... :confused4

Site is good... But I just hope that isn't your mission statement down the bottom.

"To provide Internet users with resources to present personal or business web sites globally."

If so, please enroll in a Business/Marketing course, at least for the Strategic Planning unit.

The design looks clean enough. However, the site is a bit empty at the moment. But I would assume that you will fill in the gaps in the future. So, overall, it's a good design.

Back