• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Judges cannot give out death penalty OR What do you think about the death penalty?

The death penalty is a garbage.
Think about how many innocent people have lost their lives cuz of it?
And think about the families that have to wait, wand wait as the execution date of their loved one is changed over and over again.
People sit on death row for far too long. :confused2

Originally posted by bigperm
I think the death penalty is stupid.
Ditto.

I did have to write a 5000 word essay on why I thought that 2 monhts ago, but I don't really feel like typing that up again. ;)

Luckily there is no death penalty in my country.
As there have been several cases where people have been in jail in years for murders they never committed, which they would've gotten teh death penalty for in the states.

OK, so a guy like Ted Siszinski (sp?) doesn't deserve to be fried? What about that one guy they caught killing children and feeding them to their families? He doesn't deserve the death penalty?

Originally posted by Blank Verse
OK, so a guy like Ted Siszinski (sp?) doesn't deserve to be fried? What about that one guy they caught killing children and feeding them to their families? He doesn't deserve the death penalty?
I think the point that some people are trying to make is that some people who have faced the death penalty are innocent. I'm not trying to say that person was innocent but there have been cases where the judge / jury has been wrong.

Come and live in England - the death penalty should be brought in ova here.... we don't punish people, they let them off free of charge!!! Well seems like that most of the time!!!

Makes me well angry!! I knew this boy who was murdered - was hit round the head with a plank of wood with a nail in the end...the bloke who did it got about 1 year GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR he should have been locked away for life!!!

Im really mad now thinkin about it!!!

the people who actually want to WATCH the convict die...I find that sick. The death penalty should be given a lethal injection. ;)

Recently the 100th man was released from death roll. Based on such error rates you shouldn't even let the death penalty continue.

Back