• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Joomla site: captcha and news slideshow not working

Narvydas

My site was moved to a new server by my host. And since then captcha is not working for me. I'm using akocomment and ArtForms on my Joomla website. These two components are using captcha but it doesn't show up. At first I thought that GD library is not installed on the server. But apparently it is installed and enabled.

Another weird thing after the server move was newslideshow not working. I use JA News module on the homepage and it has news slideshow with a number of latest articles rotating. After the move only the first article shows up. Even though the loading icon appears but no thing happens.

The slideshow can be seen here http://www.talkbasket.net/
An example form with captcha is here http://www.talkbasket.net/create-blog.html

At the moment akocomment is disabled because users can't leave comments anyway. I also have EasyCaptcha installed.

There were no new module/component/mambots installation after the server move. All directories and files have the same chmod's.

Any help would be appreciated.

I suppose "captcha image" should have the actual image there?
Just a guess, since I kinda had the same error when installing captcha on cutenews.

Inside the captcha script you probably have a path to the font file right? Check that.

Mine was when I downloaded the script (for example, don't know the actual font name anymore) "Arial.ttf". But I had the script in the directory captcha, and called the script on my front page. Therefor I had to edit the path to ../captcha/Arial.ttf

I'm not femiliar with joomla and captcha, but if you also have some sort of php page from captcha, open that .. You should see some font errors if the font can't be found.

Hope it helps you in some sort of direction, although I didn't use the same script ..

Love,
Mirna

Thanks for your reply Magicsun but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I tried installing another captcha component and got the same result.

Back