• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Jobs...

13dude

Hello everyone! I am 13, and I live in Arizona. What I am asking is simple... Does anyone know of a way for a 13 year old to get a job? Please, don't think just because of my age that I am lazy, and can't help at all. That is wrong. I am very helpful, and just love to use my free time. Instead, now, I would like to get paid. If you know of anyway for me to make money, or you want to offer me some kind of job, then post here please.

MODS - IF THIS SOMEHOW VIOLATES RULES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Work at McDonalds or something. Except I think you might even be too young for that.

Ummm.. mow lawns for $5? Sell lemonade?

Yes, I am too young for that. Mowing lawns is rather out of the question, I live in a rather "high class" community, that will only higher companies to do their yardwork, which really messes up most people. Also, lemonade stands, well, that is not smart. Nobody walks around 1, and 2, lemonade stands never really work. Besides, everyone is always couped in their houses, not wanting to come out.

Anyhow, I was aiming for more of an "online job"... But, other suggestions would be nice too!

Thanks

Ha, yes, Paypal does. Besides that, I saw that post, and Paypal also require you to have a bank account and/or credit card, which is not too easy for someone my age. Actually, checks would work best, if not cash.

Matt, that doesn't help. I understand that it is a early age, and I need to live life. I do live life, very well. But, I am never able to buy stuff. Anything. I have a rather crappy computer, that can't play games. I want to be able to buy some extra stuff. New shoes, new clothes, new stuff for my computer, etc. I am not able to do that, as I am not a rich boy (no offense to anyone that is rich) that can buy anything I want at anytime, by asking my parents.

So, I understand that I need to live my life, but I also want to make money. It makes sense in some ways, but doesn't in others...

So, any other ideas?

paper route.
thats what i did when i was your age.
now im in retail but will be getting out of that in september when i go on my internship. after that im gonna try to do some bartending.

but yeah, back to you...you are gonna have a very hard time finding a paying job online, you should just get a paper route. oh, and i think chik-fil-a or however you spell it when you are 14.....dunno if they have them in the southwest though.

You won't find a job online. They don't exist for majority of adults, let alone a 13 year old child such as yourself.

Wojtek said:
Ask mommy and daddy for money

I see I forgot to post this. Just because I live in a highclass community does not mean that I have lots of money. My family gets by, but doesn't have extra money. Perhaps, you didn't read this post:

13dude said:
as I am not a rich boy (no offense to anyone that is rich) that can buy anything I want at anytime, by asking my parents.

Also, to the other people. My area does not have paperroutes, since the people that deliever the paper drive trucks, and are adults. Also, I see Chik-fil-a. I know about that. and to Daniel. Well, I know its not easy to find a job online. But, there is always small possibilites.

There is always possibilities. There is a lot of room for success on the internet. You just have to find something that works and stick to it.

Millions of people will become rich off of the internet in years to come.

Your age is a road block for you right now with working for most companies on the internet like affiliate plans and such because they all require tax ID, but you can use this precious time to learn web design, or graphic arts or something like that and then you will have something to offer others that you can get paid for in the future. Instant cash making opportunities are hard to come by out here. If you find one, It's probably a scam? ... mostly all require work.

Daniel said:
You won't find a job online. They don't exist for majority of adults, let alone a 13 year old child such as yourself.

maby not a proper job, but you can make lots of money. I'm only 15 and have already made $300+ on the internet, averaging at $20/hour (of actual work). Thats not bad.

T.M. said:
maby not a proper job, but you can make lots of money. I'm only 15 and have already made $300+ on the internet, averaging at $20/hour (of actual work). Thats not bad.
thats good since i have made $.96......google ads from back when i was a host.
im getting paid $55 for the project im working on now though.

I actually wasn't joking aroud up there, selling stuff on eBay is one way you could pull in a little money here and there. People can do this easily by collecting "collectibles" and reselling them on eBay. Surfing garage sales and picking up items they know sell for more value online and going that route. I made a decent amount doing the same thing with sports cards at one time, although the market for them is worthless anymore.

The only real online job you could do is design and/or code websites or scripts. Freelance work with that, if you have the skill, can land you some good money for the work.

Either way, you are going to continue to get a lot of sarcastic posts to this thread for the simple fact that we have no idea what you would be good at. A job is something that you pick based on your skills, values, and personality. I worked in sales for a long time because I had the background knowledge of the product and the personality to do it. Not everyone has that personality. So you need to give us a little more insight to who you really are if you expect a real response.

If your looking for a job with flexible hours I can help. I have a to-do list a mile long and it seems to get longer as I make progress...

Give me a buzz.

PM or

AIM: FreePowerBoards
Yahoo: FreePowerBoards
MSN: freepowerboards@hotmail.com

Openings are design, marketing, ideas (yes, paid to think...), programming, bug finder/tester, writing copy, and more.

T.M. said:

TM u are 15?? :eek2: LOL i thought something like 17-19 :p

Back