• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

jewlzk.com! My site was hacked!!! WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimchris

jewlzk, i choosen to host my site with u but in just a few days and it got hacked and i emailed your support so many times but never got a respond? also could u please tell me why that your server are so insecure? This is the first time that happened to me as i have not encountered such thing before when hosted with other hosts, now all my site datas are gone, tell me what are u going to do about it? im no more feeling safe to host my site with u anymore and i want a REFUND!!!

Why dont you contact them directly. Theres nothing we can do and the owner will simply tell you to submit a support ticket or send him/her the ticket ID.

Regards

of course i did submitted support tickets many times and emailed to them too but never got a respond from them? I know jewlzk is a member of FHW so that's why i posted a thread here for his attention as required URGENTLY!!!

Am sure, in fact am 100% sure that Jewlzk's servers are secure, remember, they don't need to hack the server to hack your account, all they need is to find your user-name & password & they can login & do anything they like. If this is the case then it isn't Jewlzk's problem nor is it there fault, you need to make sure you keep your login details to yourself, keep them safe otherwise this will happen again. If Jewlzk offers backups they should be able to help you, if not then am sorry to say but your data has gone unless you have a backup.

I hope you can sort it out.

Someone hacked this clients site due to a vulnerable script he was using. Our servers are secure and we did help this client resolve his issue in a very quick manner.

KC for future referance if you do need support you don't need to go post it everywhere simply submit a support ticket and be patient.

Regards,
Roland

their support forum are down and my problem has not been solved yet

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.jewlzk.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.jewlzk.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

ok now even my site are down and they didnt bother to inform me on what's happening there. i hope they are not another webhostingmasters.com that i has encountered with.

Your site is not down Rick. Yes we have a database issue with our forums we are currently moving our site to another server.

kimchris said:
ok now even my site are down and they didnt bother to inform me on what's happening there. i hope they are not another webhostingmasters.com that i has encountered with.

Step 1: Breathe
Step 2: go to www.dnsstuff.com and do a trace to your site, you could be having a problem locally
Step 3: have a smoke and a pancake

having a script hacked is your own problem, consider it a bonus that your host was nice enough to help you out. try that with the "big boys" out there

side note: Forums are not an offical way of support for 99.999999% of any host, if their forum is down oh well, submit a support ticket like you are suppose to.

Getting off track guys ;)

@ kimchris - What is your domain? We can try to check it for you if you don't want to take Avail's advice.

Volt.Networks said:
Getting off track guys ;)

@ kimchris - What is your domain? We can try to check it for you if you don't want to take Avail's advice.

his domain is sharelor.com

There has been no downtime, KimChris is just a tad over excited at times.

All is well though.

:)

JewlzK, i feel regret for what i had posted earlier on in this thread and allow me to eat up those bad one if any? im really really appreciate for the kind of support that u provided to me via IM, that's simply a world class support and even now i still could not believe it's truth. u has not only being very patient when attended to me but never got a sign of anger with my silly questions as well. also u allowed me to accessed to your desktop screen and watched on how u worked and solved my issue. i would vote for Jewlzk.com is one of the top reliable best host provider on the net together with my very first host acewebhosting.com (go with it and cant be wrong). i hereby would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards, Kimchris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back