• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

java questions

Abush

DP MAC SC UC...
NLC
Hi all,
I'm using netbeans 5.5.1 and trying to create a GUI based slideshow. I have buttons that will do specific things like play/pause, next, prev, etc,... what I haven't figured out is how can I make the picture show up in the JPanel. So once I have a list of images, how can I make it show in the Jpanel? That's what I need help on. Thanks!

so you do you have anything on there right now?

As in code? If so can you send it to me on MSN or something. I will probably help you. I've ideas on how this will work..

It's NetBeans generated. I don't think you would want to see it. The whole thing is just a layout right now and the only thing I want is to make it so that a button action triggers an event in the jPanel.
If you have net beans just make a jFrame, jButton and JPanel inside the jFrame. Now show a pic in the jPanel when your press your button. That's exactly what I want. Thanks stuff!

It's cool I found out that I should use the jLabel to display the pictures. Now my issue is how to read the image files from a folder. I had actual code that did that but I can't find it. So anyone know how to read files from a folder? At least what class to use? Thanks!

Back