• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

is vBulletin worth it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you want a nice simple board with very few fetures, try out PunBB
its a nice fast board with just the basic features, No Pm or Poll or anything, just the nice plain simple board, but if you want to add feautres to it, thats simple aswell as its all open source and you can go to PunRes for your modifications / Styles :)

vB isn't worth it, unless you already have the license. I wouldn't go out and purchase a license for the sole purpose of running a free hosting company, it would just be a waste of money.

MyBB can do everything vB can. I prefer it because it's not loaded with some stuff I consider useless too. Like the paypal donations stuff (modules).

I TOTALLY AGREE!! I hate it when noobs ask me to change from MYBB to vbull..... vbull has nothing that mybb has..... plus mybb has better support.... i can get ANY answer on the forums within an hour.... REALLY HELPFUL

i wud never pay for a software when i can get it for free.... for example: OPENOFFICE VS MS WORD :)

I have had vBulletin since it came out and honestly I believe it is worth every penny.

People say IPB and MyBB are better, when in actuality making edits and using/installing mods on IPB and MyBB are usually more painfull.
IPB has good aspects, but I never liked it.
MyBB is just that. its FREE so it isn't going to be as good.

As for support, I have never had any issues with getting support, and editing templates for vBulletin is rather easy via AdminCP as it is just basic html/xml coding knowledge.

If you are going to do a free host, why bother to purchase vBulletin? You are spending a lot of money just in the free host. If you are trying to make a real website/host then vBulletin is worth it, but not for free hosting, its just pointless to spend more money.

Has the OP decided if its worth it or not yet? This thread seems to be getting very repeative..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back