• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is this a good idea?

Deviant

I have always wanted to something in cyberspace and I was wondering if my idea is worth doing:

I'm about to start a site/portal with a listing of ISPs:
-Broadband Providers
-Dial UP Providers
-Webhosting Providers
-Dedicated / Co-Location Providers

All providers will be listed in a search engine type; however, providers will not be able to pay their way up top unless users vote for them.

Users will be able to post complaints or praise a certain provider by inputing their experiences and site info to the portal database. Basically it will be a DSLREPORTS.COM type of portal with network tools, hints, tips, faqs, blacklists, forum.

It will also include a top 5 overall provider listing generated by users of the portal. You would probably as where will the money come from like other portals/search engines where a provider can pay their way up to the top/best rating. Well providers can advert by putting ads or buttons on the portal or in the showcases. Basically 80-90% of the portal will be ran by users.

I was wondering if someone would add some ideas and critics would be great as well. :)

-Dev

Are you going to restrict it to your country or make it a world wide thing?

cpuld I help? PM me if your interested!
Originally posted by Deviant
I have always wanted to something in cyberspace and I was wondering if my idea is worth doing:

I'm about to start a site/portal with a listing of ISPs:
-Broadband Providers
-Dial UP Providers
-Webhosting Providers
-Dedicated / Co-Location Providers

All providers will be listed in a search engine type; however, providers will not be able to pay their way up top unless users vote for them.

Users will be able to post complaints or praise a certain provider by inputing their experiences and site info to the portal database. Basically it will be a DSLREPORTS.COM type of portal with network tools, hints, tips, faqs, blacklists, forum.

It will also include a top 5 overall provider listing generated by users of the portal. You would probably as where will the money come from like other portals/search engines where a provider can pay their way up to the top/best rating. Well providers can advert by putting ads or buttons on the portal or in the showcases. Basically 80-90% of the portal will be ran by users.

I was wondering if someone would add some ideas and critics would be great as well. :)

-Dev

Back