• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is there any reason to have windows anymore?

fsd

So I've been using mac and linux recently, and I really haven't had any need to use windows.

First thing I did when I bought my mac was to install windows on it. It had been years since I last used mac and I figured I'd use windows a lot.

However I never feel the need to get on windows
Mac plays virtually all PC games I want, the pc games I play are either Starcraft II or independent games, pretty much any other game works on my ps3.

Macs (and linux) are just as compatible with the internet, and macs run every piece of "professional" software I can think of.

Really the only reason I ever boot into mac is to run Microsoft Word (because I already bought it for windows) or to play something like star wars empire at war which is pretty old and never got a mac release

And the other two are generally more secure, more reliable, updated more often, have a much more customizable interface, etc

So basically I am wondering. Is there anything you do on windows that can't be done on mac (or linux?) Or something that windows does better?

Majority of the software is still designed for Windows usage and more compatible at Windows. I found out that people who need to write report and store documents, Windows is better than any other.

Majority of the software is still designed for Windows usage and more compatible at Windows. I found out that people who need to write report and store documents, Windows is better than any other.

From what you posted above, I can see that you actually did not spend enough time using Linux.
It is not majority softwares are designed for Windows, but it is games are designed for Windows.
Good pieces of softwares, oftens have multiple platform versions, such as for Mac, in most cases.

About people writing report and documents...
Excuse me!? Windows is better!?
Have you heard of anything called LibreOffice or OpenOffice yet?
No offense, but Office 2007 is nothing much better compare to it predecessors, such as Office 2003.
You may say Office 2003 is great, but after these years, LibreOffice and OpenOffice has slowly become much better nowadays.
If you are talking about storing documents and writing reports, it is obvious, Windows is not the best choice for this.

lol really?

Open office and its spawns ( libreoffice and my personal favorite ibm lotus symphony) are just as capable as microsoft office, and even though it has its bugs, freezes, and might not be 100% capable with the newest microsoft format but microsoft office is available for mac. I've used both and I personal think the mac version works better and even looks nicer. Plus pages is only $20 and better than microsoft office

Anyway what I want to know from you guys is what software do you use that requires the use of windows.

Anyway what I want to know from you guys is what software do you use that requires the use of windows.

At least, I know I don't need any.
LOL
And now, I understands why Exabytes is treating their servers like Windows servers, rebooting them every night, like what my friend has told me.
Hahahaha.

Back