• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

is there an ftp prog that deletes files...

VLC

i'm posting here again as i got a new problem.

for i'm asking is there an ftp prog that deletes files at the server end which are no longer on the original site on the creators pc.

i'm using smartftp but will give up on it as it doesnt update older files properly - an is a graphic mess :(

ps- terrapin ftp is also crap

Originally posted by VLC
for i'm asking is there an ftp prog that deletes files at the server end which are no longer on the original site on the creators pc.

Dont quite understand what your saying here but if you dont have access to delete the files then you cant delete them

And BTW, WS_FTP is rather good too :)

Yeah, I'm a little sketchy on what exactly you're asking, but it's been my experience that practically every FTP program deletes files.

I guess he means an ftp program that synchronyzes files

if lets say a.b got deleted from his pc, and he ftp'ied into his site, the app would see a.b is gone, but still on the server, and would delete a.b from the server too

Originally posted by Wojtek
if lets say a.b got deleted from his pc, and he ftp'ied into his site, the app would see a.b is gone, but still on the server, and would delete a.b from the server too

I never heard of that before either... why would anyone want that?

Back