• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is PHP a language?

buddy16cat

I am in a Intro to info systems and I know PHP is what you use when retreiving pages off of a database but is it a programming language or really a query language like SQL?

It is a scripting language that means you dont need to compile the code inorder to run unlike java and c++ which makes life a lot easier :)

hope that helps

regarding your question: it is a programming language in which you can use a query language like SQL

I talk PHP all the time with my cat and dogs. :) Its a very nice language. I think its the most used programming language used in the internet. Unfortunately i dont know it. But im learning. There are many site tuts that help you.

I love where they are taking it... once they start using defined variables for objects I will be a happy camper.

what do they do

This has something to do with pulling pages of a database. are there methods and and properties to their objects? PHP2 as DataBasePage
If Button.Click Then
PHP2.Import.ToPage :)

<?
echo('Not Precisely);
?>

Object Oriented coding in PHP is a bit different, PHP is NOT C++, VB or any other programming language, it is a web programming language. It is compiled differently than other programs.

Regards,

I was just kidding. I am in VB class and you can program in C++, C#, J#, and VB in the Studio .Net environment. There is a database chapter though. I am going t ohave to check out the tutorials I have on PHP. They will soon have a web database class at my school.

Last edited:
Back