• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is it wrong to hate ASP?

i believe that people will not care for php if they start with asp, and people that start with php wont care for asp. so far, that is how it seems to go at work. all of the asp developers here love asp, and dont care for php, and i am the opposite. so, probably just based on what you learned first, excluding things like html and js obviously.

I agree with that statement methodcomptech. Although i've scripted before in PHP when needed, and it's sufficient for the required task. Obviously not my preferred languages :)p) but still.
If you know both to an advanced level, you will succeed greatly. i aim for that in a few years time ;)

well, i would not call myself advanced at php, maybe a little above intermediate, but, i am still a beginner at asp. catching on quick though due to already knowing php.

I also like Ruby, but good luck finding a place that'll hire you to do that :).

Another thing about ASP is that I just can't see it working on small sites. No personal blog is going to use ASP software, how would you mod the template and figure out how to install all those great plugins and hacks? ASP is only good for big stuff, like giant corporate websites and portals. All the cool people use PHP :).

Before PHP though, there was still perl, which isn't great but at least it doesn't have a Micro$oft feel, which is worth all the crazy /.:/*&# of perl to me.

Back