• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is it possible to sell..

Dark Matter

A serial number for a piece of software?

I bought a copy of Flash Professional 8 quite a long time ago. I don't use it and want to remove it from my computer, yet it was expensive at the time... It would be nice to get something for it. From looking online i see it's still available for purchase at quite a hefty price.

I want to know if i could sell it? I don't have the CD or Box anymore but i have the serial number, becuase at the end of the day the copy on the cd is just the same as you download of the net, you just don't choose the 30 day trial and enter the serial instead.

Im willing to sell it quite cheap, but i don't know the legal issues around this and if it's even possible..

some advice would be most appricated,

Thanks very much! :)

People sell serial codes on ebay all the time.

If Adobe don't allow reselling, ---- adobe. Who are they to say whether or not you can resell something you bought? VW couldn't do it with their cars. LG couldn't do it with phones. Adobe are no different.

People sell serial codes on ebay all the time.

If Adobe don't allow reselling, ---- adobe. Who are they to say whether or not you can resell something you bought? VW couldn't do it with their cars. LG couldn't do it with phones. Adobe are no different.

Adobe can easily block serial numbers/key with the release of CS4. They have started tracking down people use illegally use their products.

But, I guess your right. Something isn't always 100% secure.

Ahh awesome, well i want to sell it...

How much do you reckon i could get for it? it being flash pro 8, not the newest, i payed about £500 for it in november 2008. Obviously i will sell for a lot less then that. Do you think anyone on these forums would be interested? or is ebay the best way to go about it.

Thanks again.

Screw the system. Do what makes you happy. Who are they to tell you how to run your life? Are you going to take that? Fight the machines bro, fight the machines....

at the end of the day the copy on the cd is just the same as you download of the net, you just don't choose the 30 day trial and enter the serial instead.

Are you sure?

Because sometimes the serial number from a retail purchased version won't work with an online downloaded version.

Are you sure?

Because sometimes the serial number from a retail purchased version won't work with an online downloaded version.

Yeah, I think so..

I had the serial number which was on the back of the CD case but lost the actual CD, so i downloaded it. it's hard to find a copy of 'macromedia' flash pro 8 because it's all adobe now. The CD version is the same as the downloadable copy i assume, it simply at the beginning asks you on both copys if you want a 30 day trial or to enter a serial number.

I basically paid £500 for a serial number, thats why I'm asking if its possible to sell it cheap, i still have the box and manual but no good without CD to sell as a package aha :)

All good then. I just encountered an issue recently where I'd lost a CD so downloaded the trial copy (which featured an option to enter a license key and make it a full version). My CD key didn't work, so I called their support, and they stated that was the reason.

Good luck!

Back