• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is it ok?

goblin77

Hello. At the moment I'm looking for VPS server.
Consider a2hosting.com.
I think that soon (in 2-3 month) or sooner I will need. Dedicated. What do you think is it ok to get VPS fropm company which provide VPS and Dedi as well?
I think that it will be easy to move from one to other.
Or I have to use one company for VPS and other dor dedicated?

Email the company, make sure they're perfectly ok with doing a vps to dedi transfer. I'm sure its common, but check anyways.

OR if you have the money, just do dedicated.

Whether or not the company can offer a transfer, the new company should be able to assist you in doing the transfer beforehand if it is indeed managed and the transfer is also included in the plan.

Well many hosting companies provide vps and dedicated servers. Depending on your skill level I would recommend you ask the provider if they offer help in transitioning to a dedicated server from a vps account.

I have contacted a2hosting.com sales department and then their tech support. They have answered me very quickly (10 min) and I was quite satisfied with their answers. They seem a reputable company with quality staff.

I have contacted a2hosting.com sales department and then their tech support. They have answered me very quickly (10 min) and I was quite satisfied with their answers. They seem a reputable company with quality staff.

Sounds good! Looks like they may be the right host for you, dont forget a review of them somewhere down the line so we know how you get on :classic2:

The motto of A2hosting.com is "Leading Edge Hosting. Exceptional Support." They also offer the latest versions of the most powerful hosting software including cPanel manager, PHP 5.2.x, MySQL 5.0.x/4.1.x, PostgreSQL 8.2.x, and Ruby on Rails 1.2.x.
Looks impressive.

Whether or not the company can offer a transfer, the new company should be able to assist you in doing the transfer beforehand if it is indeed managed and the transfer is also included in the plan.
Do you mean there are companies who oficially include transfer? And not just assist if the transfer is within their company, say, like it's here from a2hosting.biz VPS to dedicated plan.
I searched for any info on that on a2hosting.com VPS page and couldn't find any indication of this service included.
But as their VPS plans are unmanaged, I guess they will ask you to back up and transfer your sites on your own.

Do you mean there are companies who oficially include transfer? And not just assist if the transfer is within their company, say, like it's here from a2hosting.biz VPS to dedicated plan.
I searched for any info on that on a2hosting.com VPS page and couldn't find any indication of this service included.
But as their VPS plans are unmanaged, I guess they will ask you to back up and transfer your sites on your own.

Seems like good idea to have one provider for different needs.

Some companies offer it officially and some don't. We actually helped numerous unmanaged clients with their transfer. Simply because we knew they would be better under our wings so we wanted to get them there as fast as possible.

Some companies offer it officially and some don't. We actually helped numerous unmanaged clients with their transfer. Simply because we knew they would be better under our wings so we wanted to get them there as fast as possible.

This is a true fact, its always good to help your clients out even if they dont advertise it chances are they would help you.. It is just another way to tell how far the customer service is willing to go.

Do you help only if the transfer to your company? What if a customer wants to leave? Will you be as willing to help?
To the OP: a2hosting.com prices do match their prices, also visit their Testimonial page , they have urls of their clients' sites :) That makes the whole thing look reliable, at least you can always contact their owners and ask about support quality. I guess their VPS are managed? Sorry, if I have overlooked it.

Staying with the same company for both usually has more benefits than swapping companies. Of course, this assumes the service with your VPS was meeting your expectations.

My recomendation is try to live chat and contact them through phone. This will help you know how their service.

Back