• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is FlatFace Premium good?

Joseph89Digimon

Ad you might know, I was looking for a host. I found a much cheaper one that gives you even more. Flatface is run at some guys house and he generously gives an amazing free and premium package. I was woundering if anybody had experience with them or could tell me if they are good or not.

With the premium, you get:
2gb space
1 free subdomain
2 free domain name virtual hosts
Custom e-mail footers
E-mail forwarding
Custom error pages (404, 500, etc.)
$20 US yearly fee
Telnet, SSH2, FTP, HTTP, ASP
Apache 1.3.23, Red Hat Linux 7.3
CGI/PERL, PHP, SSI, MySQL
Forums
Security with firewall and user permissions
No ads, pop-ups, etc
Password protected directories

I visited some of thier sites, and they are actualy pretty fast. Would you say i sould use them?

This smells like a scam.

This guy was horribly arrogant with his free hosting...and hardly allowed anyone who didn't meet his "cool" requirements. Ripping ppl off probably wouldn't phase him.

If it's run at his house, you can expect power outages in which I doubt he has backup for.

"2 free domain name virtual hosts"...What the L is he tawkin about? He includes 2 domain names or he allows 2?

2GB space? He knows you'll never use it...but he will to entice you.

No mention of transfer...

Wants to be paid for the whole year...Bad idea for obvious reasons.

With all the hosting out there now, I'd skip this one and find something real. :devious2:

Last edited:
I got in, and my site's still up even though I haven't done anything in months... (http://flatface.net/~unknown)
If it is a scam, he covers it well with fake members, fake domains and decent free hosting.
But I agree, don't use hosting run at some guy's house, get a real server. All it'll cost you is $20/year more and you'll get more reliability, better service and the server won't die because he forgot to pay his power bill :p
[edit]
Yipes! See the post on the front page?
[edit2]
Bleh, too much info, just read this thread: http://www.flatface.net/forums/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=9&t=56
Supposedly it explains why the admin has been gone and includes the post on the front page. Happy reading...

Last edited:
Mommy and Daddy probably grounded him after the suspension:

From Flatface Forum
To all you that are wondering where Flat is: He got suspended from school on Monday, and as part of his punishment his parents are making him do community service (or basically, get out of the house) during school times. As for him not being here at night, he recently broke his computer, which is a quite funny story, which involves me burning him a windows 2000 CD and then him not being able to install it.

Have we answered your question yet? ROTFLMAO

Last edited:
Back