• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is BARBAPAPA actually Yupapa?

Is he?

• Yes

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Unsure/Maybe

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Giancarlo
Too bad Yupapa is gone, if Barbapapa is yupapa I think I am falling in love with him. :eek:
Awwwwwwww, you just like the cute penguin face he has ;)

Am I allowed to cheat? :D

If not I'll give a general message/warning unrelated to this thread of course. ;)

Opening multiple accounts and pretending to be different people isn't allowed here. Not to mention when four different accounts show up under one IP I hardly think it's a coincidence. You know who you are.

Now that I'm finished with that completely unrelated message you are free to return to the poll. :)

Originally posted by Todd
Am I allowed to cheat? :D

If not I'll give a general message/warning unrelated to this thread of course. ;)

Opening multiple accounts and pretending to be different people isn't allowed here. Not to mention when four different accounts show up under one IP I hardly think it's a coincidence. You know who you are.

Now that I'm finished with that completely unrelated message you are free to return to the poll. :)
If I remember YUPAPA set up another account called BARBARAPAPA or something like that before he left. Maybe he carefully deleted his posts with that one and nobody noticed. Then he probably started making posts with it a few days ago. It makes sense to me. Anyone agree? By the way most people have a different i.p. when they reconnect.

I got a feeling when you looked at the IP addresses they were similar....

Chickpark :D , most people do have different IP addresses, but only the last three numbers are different each time, the first two sets I think are the same.

Correct, there are two types of IP's. Most have a dynamic IP where the last set or last two sets will change depending upon how big of an ISP. (The larger the IP the larger block they usually have assigned by ARIN: http://www.arin.net)

However, many users have a fixed or permanent IP where it doesn't change. Many cable modem providers will provide the info with DHCP: http://www.dhcp-handbook.com/dhcp_faq.html#widxx

Usually if they don't turn off the hardware or if the cable modem company doesn't update the IP's they are the same. Then DSL providers usually rely on PPPoE so once they login their IP will remain the same. Since the connection is always on again if their system doesn't disconnect it's always the same or if they have a LinkSys cable/dsl router and have that authenticate with their provider as long as that device stays on the IP doesn't change.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to find out who the provider is and make a guess on if it changes. Then when in doubt you can just mask out the end of the IP to see what other accounts show up. They won't always be the same person but usually it's easy to determine by the type of posts posted by that user.

That's all generally speaking and of course doesn't apply to this thread. ;)

Back