• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

iPhone

it looks pretty cool but the fact that it doesn't have a real keyboard is pretty lame. The main reason I use a pda phone is to type faster whilst emailing and text messaging. The virtual keyboard does me no good

The iPhone is being released in June, and they are releasing a GSM and CDMA version. There is no way they would leave Canada out. It also has a revolutionary screen that resists smudging.

Fido won't be getting it for sure. You'll need to goto rogers or import an unlocked one :)

it looks pretty cool but the fact that it doesn't have a real keyboard is pretty lame. The main reason I use a pda phone is to type faster whilst emailing and text messaging. The virtual keyboard does me no good

Try it before you bash it.

The UK is going for it on the 3 network and FCC approval doesn't apply here - does this mean we get something before the US does :D

^^ On the 3 network :) Great! i might be able to get an upgrade.

And, i hope they release it here, lol, they aint even got an iphone webpage in apple.com/uk version as far as i know :(

utcrazy - I thought the only release that was happening in June was Cingular *only*, then European release, then Asian release later.

Oh, and does anyone know if it supports UTMS/HSDPA?

EV-DO on the CDMA side of things?

eh, same price as my pda smartphone, and if they get them on T-Mobile, i will definately get one. I gots da hook up. :p will probably be able to get one for around $200 USD if T-Mobile actually gets some. :D

I'm still waiting for a cool phone for those of us who just make calls. none of this interweb tomfoolery.

as for just a phone, why not have something that does more? if you had a phone with cool options, you would use them. i still say that people that are all, :I just use a phone for what it was made for, calling people" are just jealous and cant afford a cooler phone. just my opinion though. that is a phone that is made with more things, so in an essence, you would be using the phone to do what it is made to do. listen to music, pics, video, camera, Internet, etcetera.

Last edited:
e
as for just a phone, why not have something that does more? if you had a phone with cool options, you would use them. i still say that people that are all, :I just use a phone for what it was made for, calling people" are just jealous and cant afford a cooler phone. just my opinion though. that is a phone that is made with more things, so in an essence, you would be using the phone to do what it is made to do. listen to music, pics, video, camera, Internet, etcetera.

I think you have it all wrong. I also have a phone that plays music, takes pics/video, can use the internet/email; but I don't use it for that, I use it for sending/receiving calls and texts .I use my D80 for pics (and video), my iPod for music and my pc/laptop for internet.

All of which WILL work better on their respective devices than the iPhone. None of the items are cheap, either ;)

The saddest part of this overhyped, yet definitely cool, device is that Apple has you all drooling over it's cool features but hasn't revealed any of its critical features.

Example:

speaker/mic volume/fidelity
wifi/gsm/bluetooth reception
durability (screen AND shell)

I'm not trying to say that the iPhone is a crock of ----, but before all you mac fanboys/girls go retorting, 'Don't bash it until it's out!', why not wait until it's out before you start praising it?

(I wouldn't mind having one, but the lack of 3rd party applications, at least of the free sort, is a real turn off; oh, and the price)

Last edited:

I could afford several amazing phones if I wanted, but I don't really want to use a phone for anything more than texting/calling. I have my zen for music, I don't need to take pics all the time, but I admit being able to do a quick google search for something while on the go would be cool - but it's not worth it really.

I think you have it all wrong. I also have a phone that plays music, takes pics/video, can use the internet/email; but I don't use it for that, I use it for sending/receiving calls and texts .I use my D80 for pics (and video), my iPod for music and my pc/laptop for internet.

All of which WILL work better on their respective devices than the iPhone. None of the items are cheap, either ;)

The saddest part of this overhyped, yet definitely cool, device is that Apple has you all drooling over it's cool features but hasn't revealed any of its critical features.

Example:

speaker/mic volume/fidelity
wifi/gsm/bluetooth reception
durability (screen AND shell)

I'm not trying to say that the iPhone is a crock of ----, but before all you mac fanboys/girls go retorting, 'Don't bash it until it's out!', why not wait until it's out before you start praising it?

(I wouldn't mind having one, but the lack of 3rd party applications, at least of the free sort, is a real turn off; oh, and the price)

I could afford several amazing phones if I wanted, but I don't really want to use a phone for anything more than texting/calling. I have my zen for music, I don't need to take pics all the time, but I admit being able to do a quick google search for something while on the go would be cool - but it's not worth it really.

notice i said it was my opinion too for the things i said, not a fact. i also am not a mac lover. i actually dont really like mac, but it looks like a nice product. i used to use the phone just for text messaging and talking, but now that i have a phone that does all the things like email, internet, calendar, mp3, vidoe, and much more, it is great. i personally use everything my phone has, and more since there are a lot of programs for it.

i use a tmobile mda, and i have turned it into a universal remote for my tv at home, i put all my business appointments and bill reminders in the calendar and sync to my comp, i can google things whenever i need to if i am on the road, listen to music if i am at work, put a full length movie on it to watch if i am on a trip somewhere and board, and much more. these are all things i never thought i would want or need in a phone, but it has made things more simple for me. i dont need an ipod anymore, i dont need a portable dvd player, i dont need my laptop unless i want to make a site or something like that, but i can even do that on my phone. :p so, it is just really handy to have a phone that is for more than just talking and text messaging. once again, these statements are just my opinion, and you may not agree. that is fine. just sayign that i love my phone, and i cant wait to see the iphone when it is finally released so i can see if i would like to really get one or not. as it is right now, i would love to, but might change my mind when i actually get to hold one in my hand and test it.

I think the whole cisco suing apple thing is a little crazy.
In the registers article on the "iphone (cisco)" it actually stated that its simply a very clever way to get in on the hype of something.
Everyone knew that iphone would be used by apple, and its more than a coincidence that the cisco iphone has only just been launched.
Frankly I'm more surprised its not apple suing them.

I think the whole cisco suing apple thing is a little crazy.
In the registers article on the "iphone (cisco)" it actually stated that its simply a very clever way to get in on the hype of something.
Everyone knew that iphone would be used by apple, and its more than a coincidence that the cisco iphone has only just been launched.
Frankly I'm more surprised its not apple suing them.

i am too considering apple names everything iThis and iThat, it is only obvious they would call it an iPhone. :S

quick! copyright itv!
:p
apple want to name their tv streaming product this but they can't, a long running tv channel in the uk is called ITV (its channel 3) and there is genuine grounds for misunderstandings.

i am too considering apple names everything iThis and iThat, it is only obvious they would call it an iPhone. :S

iMobile? iPortable?

But yeah, Cisco & Apple were actually having friendly talks before Apple went ahead and announced the product anyway without finalizing a deal with Cisco.

Back