• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ip#

How?

My reason for asking this is because my computer has been acting funny lately and i think someone might have sent/be sending an IP Nuke package

get a fire wall

if you have ICQ then theres a good chance thats causeing it

ICQ is the most low security chat prgram availible

I cannot get i firewall because i have a dial-up internet service. I will ask one more time:
How do you change your Subnet User Mask IP?

You can have firewall on dialup...

to answer your second question,

Start>Settings>Control Panel

Click the Network icon and then click TCP/IP -> Dialup adapter and click properties.

HTML Guru's knowledge is wierd...

First he says something about not being able to have a firewall since he's on 56k.
Then he asks about Subnet IP addresses...

The computer that's been acting funny lately [probably an IPNuke package] is an ancient Compaq Prolinea 575e w/ Windows 95 and it doesn't have "TCP/IP" under the Control Panel.

My reply to Coolin is:

How is my knowlege "wierd"?
This may be useless info but I've been around computers since I was 7 (o_O) so that might clear some things up about my "wierd" knowlege.
And another thing, I went to download.com and i looked at their top-rated free firewalls and I didn't find one for dial-up modems.

Last edited:
To go past the break between a 56k and a 115k, go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Modems>Properties>
then set the maximum speed to 115200
It is indeed a weird knowledge you poses there, Gooey. I'll just say that's not your modem speed and leave it at that, although I will admit that Windows doesn't exactly make it clear that that's the speed your computer interacts with the modem at, not the speed the of the modem itself. You have a 57600bps (56k) modem, there is no such thing as a 115k modem.

Last edited:
If you're still looking for a firewall pick up ZoneAlarm. It worked great for me when I was on dial-up, and I still use it now.

guru you say youve been around computers since u were 7 well you must be about 7 and a half just because it says ur modem is a buck 15 and change doesnt mean you are connecting at that speed. if you dial into the internet and have a set of computers in your system tray right click on those and click on status it will tell you ur true connection speed

zonealarm will work on dial up and dedicated connections

Back