• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Invision Board Questions

Pathetic

What does everyone here use for their forums (if you have one)

I just got Invision installed right now at www.razzapplemagic.com/forum and I've heard from many sources that it's the best free board.

I just couldn't justify spending near a hundred dollars for vB, does anyone have any other suggestions for a board better than Invision?

I was just wondering, does anyone have any sites for skins for Invision boards?

Hi Pathetic,

Invision Power Board is the best board out that you can use for free. It is debatably the best forum software out on the market today. I have used IPB, vBulletin, PHPBB, as well as many other forum softwares and I always go back to IPB. Actually IPB isn't even a free software anymore. You may download it for an unlimited free trial, but if you want official support from IPB you must pay for a license, although there are many unofficial support sites around. I would stick with IPB, the new 2.0 (which is what I use) promises to be a very nice software with an easy admin cp as well.

There are many skins and mod sites out there for IPB... just do a search on google and you will surely find some. Check out www.ibplanet.com to start with as they are the official skins and mods site for IPB at the moment.

I use vB but if I needed to choose a free (or an "unlimited trial") forum then I'd choose IPB, but not before crying over my loss of vB :p

The Best Board Of All Time...

Invision Power Board It Is Still Undefeated i saw a website which gives out phpbb and invision board

and the directory of board was on same page the invision board was hosted 2000 and phpbb lolz just 100

We are using Invision Board and we had no problems with it. However we offer also phpBB preinstalled and I personaly think it is also a good board. Does anyone can tell brief difference between boards? I think this will be usefull for such topics

Back