• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Internet Explorer 6

Hmm... Im looking at their personal bar feature.... I hope they dont decide to put too much crap on the browser like the msn browser

Internet Explorer 6 rendering faster than IE 5.x? I find that IE 3 rendered much faster than IE 4 which rendered much faster than IE 5. Is it just me?

Finally. I was hoping they would release some sort of upgrade to IE 5.5 soon. 5.5 is all messed up and only shows half the images. Hope this one works good! I'm sure it will have lots of bugs, but that is to be expected with microshit.

I'm using it now. Seems goo so far. I like how you hover over an image and it gives you the option to save it, ad to favorites, etc. **** those lame no-right click scripts. They custom bar thing is a waste of space though.

Yeah I tried it. Worked fine but for some reason it has stoped. Back to the good ol O5.0 . The personal bar was pretty useless. The media player is okay, but could be a lot better, as in, able to edit playlists and what not. Besides from that it's the exact same(as far as I can tell). Okay the image saving thing is a bit different, but that's it. But, the best part is no annoying "Application Error" every time you close it, like the early release of 5.5!

it seems ok, but when i eventually find something i dont like about it and uninstall it, will my old system still be there? will i still have ie5 + settings??

Well, past experiences with uninstalling Microshit softwares has told me that the whole "uninstall" thing is just simply ****ed up... who knows, maybe you will, maybe you won't. Don't trust them too much...

I don't think you'll still have your ol' IE5 settings, I believe it would get overwritten. I'm not sure, you don't have to take my word for it.

I'm gonna try IE6 out now.

[ADD]
I'm downloading right now, and I'm seeing the install file being downloaded from conxion.com?? :confused:

Originally posted by LeX
[ADD]
I'm downloading right now, and I'm seeing the install file being downloaded from conxion.com?? :confused:

Conxion.com bought out Microsoft, so that would be the reason the download why would be from there. (Well, that'd be the most logical explanation, wouldn't it? ;))

After seeing how bad the Netscape 6 preview was (not that the eventual release was all that great either), I think I'll wait until IE 6 is slightly better debugged.

It's interesting how their IE 6 download page (here) says it was last updated March 18, 1999. I don't recall any Internet Explorer 6 beta releases in 1999. ;)

Windows XP Beta 2 is just $9.95. Think I should download it? I think ill try IE6, MS seems to be looking more towards stability and speed now that linux is starting to come into competition. We'll have to see what comes up.

Originally posted by jw
Windows XP Beta 2 is just $9.95. Think I should download it?

no, you can get it for free form alot of sites

---- edited by moderator ----
You are not allowed to post such links here. Please read the rules. Thanks. /Peo

Those are pretty decent sites. I haven't seen any warez sites that looked that good since about October.

Edited? Did I come too late? ;)

For only $10, I think WinXP is a steal, even though it's still beta. Think about it, where else would you get Windows for only $10 legally?

Back