• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Interesting Thought...

OmegaRenegade

OK I created a domain name and signed up someplace to get it hosted, I couldn't find anywhere about file size limits but if it turns out that I can't upload my shockwave movie I was thinking of creating a small site on geocites to cover up for my storing it there, but does anyone know if anytime anything is called from that site if it'll count as a hit, lets say I put a small picture somewhere on my page from the geocites account, every time the page loads so does the graphic, does that count as a hit, preventing the deletion of my account?

The shockwave file nor the pic would load as geocities doesn't allow hotlinking.

Originally posted by OmegaRenegade
It wouldn't work? Oh, :( crap there goes my bright idea...

lol :D .

I wish I could help you out with this, but unfortunately just about all hosts have eliminated hotlinking/"shared access" now. As far as I know, Virtualave (http://www.virtualave.net) still allows it. At the moment that's all I can think of.
:eek:

Good luck. :)

Back