• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Interesting Article - "Scumware"

What do you think of this NextCard using Ezula?

• I think it's fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm undecided.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like the idea.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I'm never affiliating with NextCard again!

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I looove little toys in my cereal. :)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Source: ReveNews Article
ReveNews discovered Ezula links on Yahoo! linking the word APR in a Yahoo! Credit Card text ad to credit card issuer and affiliate marketer NextCard. We contacted NextCard to inquire about the nature of their relationship with Ezula. We spoke with their Vice President of Customer Acquisitions, David Dowhan, who confirmed that NextCard is indeed experimenting with advertising through Ezula and explained why.

While Dowhan has a strong technical understanding of how Ezula functions, he stated that he was not aware of publishers' concerns about the software. When asked how NextCard might respond to those affiliates who are concerned about NextCard advertising through Ezula, Dowhan said they would address
those concerns on a one-to-one basis, but that they had not received any thus far. He further stated, quite emphatically, that affiliates are a major concern for NextCard and that they are a significant part of NextCard's business.

With NextCard having such a strong presence in the affiliate marketing industry, and in internet advertising at large, their decision on continuing to endorse Ezula by advertising with them could be a critical one.

I hope if you have the time, that you'll read over the article. This could be a major step in the wrong direction with such a major advertising player backing this new controversial method of advertising.

What are your thoughts/opinions?

lol @ evilhaze. ;)

C'mon people! Do you care about this? If not vote that way... show your true spirit... I know there are more than three of you out there! :)

I don't think I would ever use a next card affilate program again, there is many other programs I could send my traffic to.

Last edited:
hiding? I've been hiding? Not really... Ever heard of a winter sleep? Well i had one of those, only mine was a fall sleep...

Okay, not really, it's my first year at college. It's actually the opposite of a long sleep... In fact, there's very little sleeping involved at all (go figure).

Oh! :confused:

Well in typical Cheap Bastard style you've confused me... or was it you that was confused who passed the confusion onto me who has then passed it back to you? :eek:

Either way it's good to see you posting again! :)

Whats happening in afghanistan? :confused: ;)

Actually i´ve never heard about Ezula....
but god i hate those things, had a program like that on my comp that added a green background to special keywords and made them links to different companies... and whenever you doubleclicked on a word that wasn´t a link it took you one of those paying searchengines... annoying like hell...

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo

Well in typical Cheap Bastard style you've confused me... or was it you that was confused who passed the confusion onto me who has then passed it back to you? :eek:

... what's confusing? You're confusing me... :confused:

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo

thats You don't have Spedia Surf+ , worse than ezula top text if you can actually call one them worse.

Back