• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Interest in VOIP?

Eclouds

Marketing Guru
NLC
How interested would you guys be in business telephony services? I am just doing some market research and would like to get some input from you guys.

We are planning on providing VOIP Ready VPS Packages and also directly providing toll free numbers with our own VOIP plans.

Unlimited number of extensions, one low monthly price.

We are targeting the web hosting market so this place is definitely a good start for input. Your input is appreciated. :talk:

You'll be selling a pre-configured asterisk box? with some voip airtime?

I suggest you make that fully managed asterisk plan.
An interesting addon could be for you to sell physical phones instead of end users using xlite's. If you could get a batch of 942's and resell them at a good price you might have something interesting there. Or give one free if you sign a hosting contract.

But be prepared to hire at least one full time asterisk tech. I'm running a call center as my day job and can assure you will need one if you have a significant amount of boxes to support :)

one-man hosting IVR "to reach support, press 1, to reach sales, press 1, to reach billing press 1, for any other option, press 1" :)

Oh, and I suggest you find a nice IVR lady to record your custumer's prompts if they don't want to themself.

Last edited:
I'd agree, I setup an Asterisk box for my company last summer - and I knew nothing about it - I ended up using trixbox and managed to get it somewhat working, but Asterisk is quite a beast to work with - you're going to want at least one person who knows what the hell he's doing.

On the side of phones...I managed to convince my boss to grab the Aastra 57i..I must say it's quite the phone :)

Last edited:
there is famous paid skype. so if that's free i will be interested

there kind of a big ----ing difference between both

a well set up asterix VOIP can provide phone access for a whole corporation!

*not interested, just replying to this clown

Last edited:
there is famous paid skype. so if that's free i will be interested

It's not going to be free, he's offering it as an alternative to businesses.

Asterisk is a phone server, you can configure it to work with VoiP connections, normal landlines or PRI lines (other random stuff I didn't fully research) and it can provide the backbone of a corporation's telecommunications - think of it more in terms of a LAN:

The Asterisk server acts mostly like a router, incoming calls come in through either VoiP, or a landline (you can configure both) and then Asterisk looks at the call and determines what to do with it (based on any number of different custom rules). It then sends the call to another location, this can be a physical phone, voicemail, a software phone, another internal Asterisk server, a cellphone or other external line - at our company we have an answering service for outside office hours and that's where phone calls go after 5 and before 9, and on weekends.

You can then do other things like forward calls between phones, have phone queues, voice menus and other stuff..it's tricky to configure though.

if you could some how get it to australia cheep there's a massive market however others have tried and failed, I dont think its possible without paying and charging through the roof.

It's not going to be free, he's offering it as an alternative to businesses.

Asterisk is a phone server, you can configure it to work with VoiP connections, normal landlines or PRI lines (other random stuff I didn't fully research) and it can provide the backbone of a corporation's telecommunications - think of it more in terms of a LAN:

The Asterisk server acts mostly like a router, incoming calls come in through either VoiP, or a landline (you can configure both) and then Asterisk looks at the call and determines what to do with it (based on any number of different custom rules). It then sends the call to another location, this can be a physical phone, voicemail, a software phone, another internal Asterisk server, a cellphone or other external line - at our company we have an answering service for outside office hours and that's where phone calls go after 5 and before 9, and on weekends.

You can then do other things like forward calls between phones, have phone queues, voice menus and other stuff..it's tricky to configure though.

plus you can get the sexy digital assistant (if you have someone to record it):

"for technical support press 1, for sales press 1, for complaints press 1, for anything else press 1"

plus you can get the sexy digital assistant (if you have someone to record it):

"for technical support press 1, for sales press 1, for complaints press 1, for anything else press 1"

That's what I meant by voice menu ;)

Also known as an IVR - Interactive Voice Response

I know of atleast 6 business that are actively looking for a solution but cannot find anything they like. If you do this let me know!

Thanks for the responses guys. We are indeed going forward with this, currently we are still in the planning stages.

We did find an experienced technician whom has already been contracted for the service.

It will not be free, however it will not be through the roof either. We will maintain our pricing reasonable, and affordable in order to take a piece of the market.

I'll of course be giving out discounts to FWS members for the feedback given in this post ;)

Stay put, I will update this thread / put up a new thread for beta testing as soon as we are ready!

Back