• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Instant Messenger Programs

Which IM Program do you use most often?

• AIM [AOL Instant Messenger]

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Yahoo Messenger

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • MSN Messenger

Votes: 16 39.0%
    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • JABBER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trillian

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • --Other--

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MSN is buggy... many times I sent messages to my friend but he didn't receive it..

And if there is a reject message to return, it takes SOOOOOO LONG!!!!!!!!

I think MSN is popular because of its voice quality and cute smiley icon.....

Most of my friends primary use ICQ since it has become popular first.

Trillian is good, but I don't want to lose the database I have in my ICQ... :(

The new Yahoo is better with IMN..which is buggy to me, too..it crashed my friend's client many times.. now she can't even read any messages.

AIM everyone around here uses it because most of them are on AOL, they don't know the outsider world yet :D , they're stuck inside..."you got mail" and get new aol version X.X today even better than before! ;)

Originally posted by neG.oNe
AIM everyone around here uses it because most of them are on AOL, they don't know the outsider world yet :D , they're stuck inside..."you got mail" and get new aol version X.X today even better than before! ;)
Down there too, eh? I thought it was just a Maine thing, but apparently it's a whole New England thing. :confused2

I actually feel kinda sorry for those people.

yah i know what you mean, but alot of them change from aol when they get to highschool for some reason heh, oh and go pats go!

Originally posted by neG.oNe
but alot of them change from aol when they get to highschool for some reason heh,
Not up here... My friedns think AOL is the internet. They don't even realize other ISPs exist.
oh and go pats go!
Got that right.

Originally posted by meow
I have email. Thank you! :classic2:

I HATE IM! :fork:
why do you hate it so! it's very useful, email takes a little longer but i suppose it's ok

Oh, yes. I've heard that before. Your ISPs put some kind of restrictions on email, right?

Email has always been instant for me. When I used ICQ it was much slower (since they got was overloaded?). Annoying especially when sending, the box could just hang there forever.

Apart from that, I just don't like the concept and the format. I find the whole thing annoying.

I use AIM only...We used to have MSN, but my sister and I never used it, so we got rid of it. And e-mail?..I'm too lazy to keep replying to someone.

Agent-M

I use msn most of the time. that's what almost all of my friends use. then once in a while go on icq or aim.

I'm making a messenger called Agent-M. I'm putting the best features of all the messengers into one. it has over 10,000 (65mb's) smiley icons and skins and stuff. if you have any ideas for it, or comments please let me know! I want this to be the most awesome messenger ever! :D

Matthew Kemmerer
Mattsoft.net

Mattsoft, I'd never use something that bloated.

The Red Guy: User friendly is not a good thing. The hardest to use program shall reign.

Originally posted by Coolin
Mattsoft, I'd never use something that bloated.

The Red Guy: User friendly is not a good thing. The hardest to use program shall reign.

I'm not expecting anyone to download a 70mb messenger. lol. the icons are just there if they want them. they download what they want. same thing with the skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back