• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Instant Chat for FWS.net :D

What Instant Chat you Preffer ?

• phpMyChat (web Based)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • IRC (WebBased)

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

MATRIX

Internet Solutions
NLC
Please vote for ur favorite:D

*IRC consumes so much Bandwith even if is a Java Script ejecuted on a Server.

I only use IRC for my multi-user communications, and I usually connect with BitchX.
The only time I don't use IRC is when security is an issue, in which case I use Waste.

This topic has been discussed over and over and it has literally has exhausted itself.

[edit]

That is if you are speaking about having a chatroom for FWS

Originally posted by Robert
This topic has been discussed over and over and it has literally has exhausted itself.

[edit]

That is if you are speaking about having a chatroom for FWS
Indeed. If there is a chat room, then why bother with the forums?

Forums are a much more permanent (and usually more professional and informative) method of communication. And it just works better when the people who chat aren't online at the same time.

More importantly a forum, moderated and managed properly can become the best and largest FAQ and Help Center a new user can ever surf onto.

From what I have noticed in the past, most users who wanted to start an FWS chatroom were merely looking for a position of authority, and wanted to be channel operators themselves.

Originally posted by jmiller
From what I have noticed in the past, most users who wanted to start an FWS chatroom were merely looking for a position of authority, and wanted to be channel operators themselves.
I did not :p

Originally posted by Cagez
I did not :p
Of course it wasn't noticeable in the forums.
But upon joining the chatroom you'd understand what I meant.
On several ocassions when this was attempted, and I went on IRC to check it out, it was nothing but a superiority thing.
Users just wanted to be in charge of something.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
Good point. I wonder what percentage of users here use the rest of the site? I rarely do, that's for sure.
I don't either, I don't even need free hosting anymore. Just when I did for that short while, the forum grew on me :D

Back