• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Info about host

p4Host.com has a history of making up false testimonials and posting them on forums..

for example, you could actually be p4host doing exactly what I am talking about.

They are "banned" at webhostingtalk.com for doing such things.

I would highly recommend you stay away from them.

It's actually very sad that a host like p4host.com would end up destroying their reputation by posting false testimonials in forums, by starting threads about themselves and than answering those threads under a different name in positive ways.

A few people are complaining now that *someone* has posted a review about p4host.com on many hosting directories with positive comments and used their email and their name. Again, this leads back to the question everyone asks "do you trust your host?"

When they first launched and all these positive reviews and comments were being posted on webhostingtalk.com, everyone thought that P4Host.com was a dream come true. Their client base grew so quickly in a short amount of time that it was very impressive, than the truth began to surface when the Mods started investigating all these positive reviews by new members and realized they were all fake. None of those "posters" came back and none ever displayed their website.

Now the next question is, "how does this affect the way p4host.com provides web hosting." Don't misunderstand me, P4Host.com provides fine hosting from what I've read. They are ontop of the game, but do you really want to be with a host that has decided to take the unethical and not-so-trustworthy path?

No one could have said that better Robert.

Originally posted by Robert
It's actually very sad that a host like p4host.com would end up destroying their reputation by posting false testimonials in forums, by starting threads about themselves and than answering those threads under a different name in positive ways.

A few people are complaining now that *someone* has posted a review about p4host.com on many hosting directories with positive comments and used their email and their name. Again, this leads back to the question everyone asks "do you trust your host?"

When they first launched and all these positive reviews and comments were being posted on webhostingtalk.com, everyone thought that P4Host.com was a dream come true. Their client base grew so quickly in a short amount of time that it was very impressive, than the truth began to surface when the Mods started investigating all these positive reviews by new members and realized they were all fake. None of those "posters" came back and none ever displayed their website.

Now the next question is, "how does this affect the way p4host.com provides web hosting." Don't misunderstand me, P4Host.com provides fine hosting from what I've read. They are ontop of the game, but do you really want to be with a host that has decided to take the unethical and not-so-trustworthy path?

Robert did just about sum the situation with them up. There have been nothing but problems over on WHT with them in all honesty and every thread about them seems to go bad. The list right now is:

1. The owner was part owner of another company and when the other half owner disappeared, p4host (who shall remain unamed from me) decided to send out an email that clients needed to move and he recommended using p4host.com and findmyhosting.com to do a search.

2. He was caught "using"(stealing) RS tutorials on his website even though his servers were located elsewhere.

3. Many of his "clients" seemed to "find" WHT just a little after they signed up with him and all had nothing but praise for the company. Now I mean I don't know about you, but I wouldn't go around searching for forums to sign up on and to praise my host on for no reason or reward. There have been many such threads which rules out chance.

4. Take a look at his FindMyHosting information. There are 6 reviews all made within a few hours on 7/27/2003. Many of his other reviews are also on the same days with close times. I just find it funny so many clients went there and reviewed his site so close together without at least some sort of pushing or even someone making a false report.

5. I guess this would be more personal, but it still bothers me. As you can see by the search link, I took part in the discussion of the p4host issue about the false testimonials. Later that night I just happened to recieve a false statement to my address saying I said p4host lied, etc. Then next morning I wake up to find the owner accusing me of lieing about his company although I have no reason to do anything against him. We really aren't even in the same market niche. Well being the person I am ;) I didn't want to be blamed for some act that I didn't do as I have nothing personal against this guy. I pursued the issue until the false report was removed. I took time out of my day to help him out and more so to clear my name of the charge. Did I get one small little tiny thank you? Nope, nadda, none. I would have at least sent a personal letter of thanks for someone going out of the way, but I get nothing and to boot he sends the ip address to the board mods and asks if I was the one that did it even though I was getting it removed. I personally think he did this to try and get back at me, I hate to be that way, but if you look at his track record it wouldn't suprise me.

Anyways, none of this really means much without proof, so go see for yourself.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/searc...=1613683&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Back