• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Index only

kaliboy2g

www.usethishost.com

Its a new hosting company that i started. I just want a review of the layout on the first page. I am not trying to spam my site and get hosting thats why you see that as of now none of the links work. I just want to know what you think of the layout, how it loads etc. And i will add text to the buttons at top.

I changed the top buttons and i made them into text, it should load faster now. May i have a review of the site.

Not Found
The requested URL /reseller.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.usethishost.com Port 80

I didnt bother checking the other pages.

LiquidGoat, had you actually read kaliboy2g's post you would have realized that in fact he wanted only the index page reviewed, obviously because he hasn't finished the site yet.

Next time, read the post, don't just click.

EDIT:

Kaliboy2g, trying remove the border around the "week of free hosting" button.

Last edited:
jmiller said:
LiquidGoat, had you actually read kaliboy2g's post you would have realized that in fact he wanted only the index page reviewed, obviously because he hasn't finished the site yet.

Next time, read the post, don't just click.

EDIT:

Kaliboy2g, trying remove the border around the "week of free hosting" button.

Yea i got that when i added a link to it in dreamweaver. I was debating wheater or not to keep. I will remove it when i fix all the meta tags. Thanks.

And yes liquidgoat, like jmiller said, i only wanted the review of the main page, the other pages are still on my hdd i just have to upload them. I wanted to know if the layout is okay so that i dont have to pick another one.

Thanks dusked

persiansniper said:
just change the font. Black aint a attractive colour.
Pretty much any other colour would either stand out or blend in too much.

And changing the font, as you suggested above, is different than changing the font colour. :confused4

jmiller said:
Pretty much any other colour would either stand out or blend in too much.

And changing the font, as you suggested above, is different than changing the font colour. :confused4

I think he meant the color, but i like it black. Jmiller i got rid of the border, is it okay now?

I am still open to suggestions from anyone.

kaliboy2g said:
I think he meant the color, but i like it black. Jmiller i got rid of the border, is it okay now?

I am still open to suggestions from anyone.
Yup, looks alot better without the border. :classic2:

Try using images in stead of plain text links for the nav (you know, blend them in nicley with the rest of the banenr, bla bla bla... ) would look MUCH better.(unless you're still working on that, in that case forget what I said ^^ )
The font in those 3 frames, ones that say 'Beginner plan','Medium Plan'.... should definitely be changed. It's too big and clumsy.
And why does the link 'partners' in footer (the one in red) get a new line? In stead of simply putitng it after 'Contact us'
Last but not least; the word 'Usethishost.com' in the banner looks quite poorly. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like if you've taken some phat pic and than added 'Usethishost.com' in ps in a couple of seconds. If there's one thing easy to do in ps, it's adding effects to text :)
Fix these things and you'll get a very descent lay-out.

S.Clause said:
Try using images in stead of plain text links for the nav (you know, blend them in nicley with the rest of the banenr, bla bla bla... ) would look MUCH better.(unless you're still working on that, in that case forget what I said ^^ )
The font in those 3 frames, ones that say 'Beginner plan','Medium Plan'.... should definitely be changed. It's too big and clumsy.
And why does the link 'partners' in footer (the one in red) get a new line? In stead of simply putitng it after 'Contact us'
Last but not least; the word 'Usethishost.com' in the banner looks quite poorly. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like if you've taken some phat pic and than added 'Usethishost.com' in ps in a couple of seconds. If there's one thing easy to do in ps, it's adding effects to text :)
Fix these things and you'll get a very descent lay-out.

Okay, as for the buttons at top, i tried using buttons but i figured i'd make it easier for people on slower connections to access the site so the less images the faster the load. I will change the "partners" at the bottom. I dont know what to put in the the frames. Reccomend a font color or font type please.

As for the banner, i am no designer and i am not good at that. So i wouldnt know how to fix it.

Nice, clean and everything seems to fit. The fonts on the plans should be a sans serif font like verdhana, ariel or the like as it sticks out too much as the othe fonts are sans.

1. I agree with what decker said.
2. Try and get someone with photoshop to create the images for your plans. The text in them is very pixelated.
3. Change the background color for the nav area. As of right now your link color is way to close to the background color and they blend in.
4. I personally do not like that color of blue. (The background for the two nav areas, one at the top and one at the bottom.) I would go with something darker/more mellow . Maybe more like the blue at the top of that gradiant.
5. I would remove the radiant as it seems to not really fit.
6. All the table border just seem messed up to me.

Well I think thats all for now. Also these are all just my opinions, so if you don't agree no big deal. :)

I like it that way. I am not trying to get a site to impress people, just to offer hosting. I just wanted to see if there were any big changes. I will change the font on the plans to ariel

It's just the font being serif on the plans looks out of place, but that's all the rest is good :)

Back