• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Increasing Google PR and getting traffic.

oates151

How should I go about getting my google PageRank boosted? Do those sites that claim to offer 50,000 unique hits any good? What tips do you guys have to increasing traffic etc...

I have looked far and wide and have found these options on how to boost PR
-Use programs that send out spam like PRStorm?
-Buy a service from a company that offers hits (e.g. 50,000 hits for $12 on ebay)
-Advertise like crazy and try and get loads of hits to websites manually

Any ideas what I should do to get traffic and boost PR, im sure many other people would also find the replies very useful.

50,000 hits doesn't bring clients, its just auto surf, doesn't really help with PR too.

, now that works ;).

How should I go about getting my google PageRank boosted? Do those sites that claim to offer 50,000 unique hits any good? What tips do you guys have to increasing traffic etc...

I have looked far and wide and have found these options on how to boost PR
-Use programs that send out spam like PRStorm?
-Buy a service from a company that offers hits (e.g. 50,000 hits for $12 on ebay)
Every method you're considering belongs to "black" optimization. Isn't "white" optimization working. Isn't sending spam the best way to get banned?
Sorry, I'm really trying to be helpful, but all I can suggest is on-site and off site optimization method.

Excuse me asking, but what is a backlink?

NOTE to mods: Why was this post added to ads and offers when I was asking a host question?

Excuse me asking, but what is a backlink?

A backlink is a link on a PR'ed site, say I added you to one of my PR6 pages (PR0-10), you would benefit VERY much from that, you can also sell PR links which is a nice little earner once you have your own PR, google toolbar has a PR checker installed :).

Search Engine Optimisation, What is Pagerank? Google's Pagerank, needs to be understood by top web site designers who aim to promote and build a scalable, highly targeted web site using regular listings on search engines like Google. The distribution and navigation of your site, along with the web site architecture is important to correct and proper web sites.
Page rank is what google use amongst other things to identify your web sites value or importance. Google still use and constantly change/update or modify other varables that effect how a site is ranked on Search Engines.
Despite this some web sites hardly never lose position, what makes these sites different? Probably because the web site designers have designed the site around the many varables in use by Google. This is the only way to ensure long-term regular positions in competitive keyword markets. The other alternative is PPC the balance between the two ultimately comes down to cost and timescales.
Page rank is something that can change as new sites expand and more sites become visable to search engine robots. This is why search engine maintenance or search engine management (SEM) needs to be carried out to ensure maximum exposure is met each month on search engines. The algorithms are becoming constantly harder to crack and change all the time, sometimes these changes are minor sometimes they are major. If a site is built correctly and has a good SEM program it should be rated constanly in many cases.
Also many people confuse page ranking with tool bar ranking, the two sums are completely different. Page ranking is a mathimatical sum of your web site and could range well passed a 100 million in terms of a figure. Tool bar ranking summerises the scales into a fixed number between 1 and 10. Each link to a site from outside it's own domain is considered a back link, infact even local links to a page are considered a backlink.

How is PageRank Calculated?
The PR of a page is made up by the PR from the pages that point to it, Google actually say: PageRank or PR(A) can be calculated using a simple iterative algorithm, and corresponds to the principal eigenvector of the normalized link matrix of the web.

Pulled from;
Code:
http://www.adaptability.co.uk/what-is-pagerank.htm

NOTE to mods: Why was this post added to ads and offers when I was asking a host question?
Where is the host question? I see you are asking how to get more traffic to your site, boosting page rank etc. So it was moved to the appropriate forum :wave:

if you want to get good page rank you should get more backlinks.
if you want to get traffic, optimise your site for search engines, get more backlinks

50,000 hits programs may not convert.
advertising is always a good option ( do it carefully )

Optimize your site well in all the major search engines mainly google, yahoo and msn becuase SE's helps in driving targetted traffic to a site, the use of the right descriptive and relevant keyword phrases helps in attaining this goal. Concentrate on content because content is the thing that attracts customers and retains their attention and turn leads into sales, it also helps in branding and gain inbound links. Place important keywords in the site’s title tag and add fresh content at regular intervals. Quality content and proper use of keywords would improve your site PR. Article sumbmission, press release, Directory submission, Forum sigs, Blogging, RSS & Feeds it would help you to build up a huge network of backlinks.

For spam you most likely will be banned. The gain of hits will not give any gain of PR. Many references to you from sites with similar subjects Are necessary.

For increasing Google Page Rank one needs to get back links with higher Page Rank. To get traffic, one has to purely concentrate on search engine optimisation. It could be both on-page and off-page optimisation. There's no cut-short method to gain traffic.

backlinks, backlinks and backlinks!!!

there are many directories on the net. submit your site to, say, dmoz. and if your site is based on programming and scripts, then submit it to many script directories like hostscripts, scripts.

Back