• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Im trying once again...

that is their logo though. if you are going to use it as a logo, i wouldnt use a pic of a real one. i also am curious as to if they meant to make it look like a flower, or if is was purly an accident that stuck. i am not saying your idea is bad, just trying to figure out if it is going to be your logo or what.

This is the part I suck at in web design...

I always have this great big idea, i tell my other dev geek friends, and they think it awesome sometimes. So I start to build my masterpiece, then get stuck on the visual layouts all the time. Lately it seems content is taking a back seat to the layout. Without the content, the website becomes nothing but a bunch of folders and text and images.

What do ya think...

Should I ease up a bit on the layout for now, and start actually working on the damn thing now?

thanks, atleast you are not barking down my throat...

For example, there was a time when i didnt know that if i specify an index file in every folder, i would get a nice clean look in the url bar. that was all i wanted to do at the time:

For example, i have mywebsite.com/about
instead of mywebsite.com/about.html

ugh, i just hate that.

Thanks for your constructive feedback :)

that is a nice way to go, but a pain in some casses when it comes to linking things cause then you have to use the../ code everywhere, but if thats what you like, then go for it. i am almost dome with the header. i'll post a link when done, and you can have it is you like.

Hey, I kinda like that, perhaps we should talk more away from this forum?

BTW, thanks for the time again, sorry I appreciate it when people step aside just a moment for me

Nice logo jstgermain :)

The site looks nice to me, I like the simplicity. Maybe you could have the rollovers match some of the colors on the logo? That might make it more interesting.

Ara said:
Nice logo jstgermain :)

The site looks nice to me, I like the simplicity. Maybe you could have the rollovers match some of the colors on the logo? That might make it more interesting.

thanks for the compliment. i am working with bryson on the layout and desing of the site to makeit better. we will see how it looks with different colored rollovers. thanks for the input, and let us know if there is anything else to change and make better. keeping the site with a simple look and layout because it is going to be a site where people go for information, like javascript, php, dhtml, and html help. a place to get graphics help and so on, so the desing doesnt need to be to out there. so dar, i think he is hitting the nail right on the head. a big difference and a lot og change since he started. a change for the better i must say. :)

put a border arount the all topics box. it looked better with it. otherwise it looks jumbled together with the rest of the menu.

Back