• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Im trying once again...

what the hell is your site for and about? i see hosting pans and design on there, but all that text on the index page is wack. if you are trying to make a business site, then make it look more professional. put some sort of box or table around you menu or something. change the header. the site just seems to have a bunch of mumbo jumbo garbage written all over it. very confusing. 3/10

yeah, it isnt very strong just yet. The nav sort of sucks right now, and the header image isnt all that perfect just yet. The left nav is still very weak, and i havent figured out exactly what type of font I want to use yet. There are actually 2 footers at the bottom. I want to use the subfooter to "open it up" a bit more. The pages actually contain between 4-6 elements (mainly <iframes>). You are right, it is a bit whack right now. I guess I should have waited a bit for a full review huh? Oh, and the homepage, I am just using as a sort of blog, keeping ideas page.

yeah, but box it in, just like you did on the right. the other thing is that if you are going to try and use it as a business page, dont put personal blog type of crap there. you will loose any potential customers. also, what is with the map pic in the main text area? doesnt really seem to make sense to have something like that there.

No not a personal blog, I mean I am not going to leave it when I am actually done. I figured I wanted to see how it would look with text, so I just kept the update type stuff, and what I should fix as I go. Just the little reminders ya know? As far as the map thing, thats why it is only on the one page, because I didnt know if I want to keep it or not. As far the others, I fix just about 10 pages, and its gone from the site altogether. I thought it added a little bit of life to it. (You should have seen this site before, just do a Yahoo search, not Google, for usmediaweb and see if you can find the older caches *hint:US.MEDIA.WEB. Those are the ugliest.)

i saw the old design in previous postings, but it has come a long way. you removed the seperator from the right for some reason and moved it to the left. you sould have that same line on both sides. 5/10 now

edit:
make the menu links go bold and turn black on hover, and back to normal when away

Last edited:
I think I like the new header on here personally...

<the grass one>

What do ya think?

Of course, now I have to change it around again...

All well, good things take time :)

Last edited:
you have to ask yourself what a picture of grass has to do with your business, and, it also is set to repeat, wich looks bad because it doesnt repeat smoothly. you need something more for what your business is.

Well, atleast its an improvement for now....

There is always a bigger picture behind the painting,

just think of about.com, thats kind of what I am doing, with the Guides thing.

Its nice, I have no clue what the purpose of the site is. You wanna get rid of some of that dead space in the middle, take away from the rest of the page.
and when I scroll down that image scrolls before the actual page does....thats sort of annoying.

but besides that its good, good work!

thanks! the image scrolling, is it the header? And also, what browser were you looking at with? Ive been doing some changes, and noticed a small glitch like that already.

Thanks for the review.

AH!! I see it now!!

Problem solved, thanks a million!

Last edited:
I think you must change the header asap. Its very ugly :S Try something in brown or dark color.

For now 5/10.

I personally dont like the orange box myself, Im just seeing what combination may "brighten" it up more. But of course, too bright is just as bad as too dull and too dark.

The one problem I see now about the grass pic is that its a bit too light, meaning the words dont come out very defined (usmediaweb).

You know what is funny though? Some people don't like the Mona Lisa, yet its considered a classic.

Thanks you too :)

Oh, and I think I am going to market purposely towards women.

Last edited:
Now Im lost...

I changed the grass to a big white background with a red flower in the corner with just the pedals showing. I kind of like it, but now it seems too bright (too much white I think now)

So I dunno, I think I am worrying too much about the header, I can change it and modify it as I go, and I dont think I should be spending this much time right now on it.

better, but you need to figure out what a flower has to do with hosting, just the same as what did grass have to do with it.

Hmmm....

Lets see...

A flower is given as a gift, a sign of friendship, positive relationships...

It grows from nothing, to a beautiful and evergiving form of life...

We stop to admire flowers, not the grass :)

Plus, it was the only decent pic I had on the computer to use at the time,
but not a bad save on my part huh?

Thanks for your time once again.

lol, no, not a bad save, but, what does it have to do with your business, i mean, if you were a glower shop or something, it would be perfect.

I kinda like it though...

Look at places like mambo, they use flowers (digital of course)...

ok give me more time on this one, it is the only example i can think of at the moment...

Back