• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

im looking for a new host

is0lized

See Below
hello, im looking for a new host and i dont mind if hosts offer what they have or cut me a deal - im planning to move from my current host because its slow and i cant access my pages

what im looking for is this

unix server
150-200MB space
10+GB transfer
ftp / ssi / php / cgi / mysql
5+MYSQL
10+ subdomains
5+ ftp accounts (with own pass / dir)
forwarders 20+

if the service is good (or) discount ill pay yearly
(takes money orders / paypal)
under 15$ a month

Last edited:
Originally posted by NexDog

May I ask why?

Guess not. :rolleyes:

As is0lized hasn't given me a chance to defend HostNexus as to why we don't "look good", then I feel I should post something for the benefit of others browsing the forums looking for a similar plan. As you can see we have a plan that suits thatb spec:

NexEnterprise
200 MB disk space
10 GB transfer
15 subdomains
MultiHosted Domains: 3
5 MySQL databases
Unlimited mailboxes
Unlimited Forwarders
Unlimited FTP/Web_Users
PHP
SSI
CGI
........$14.95/mo

Servers are in RackSpace, Texas. Anyone can ping us and see how we stand in terms of speed against anyone else. Visit our open forums to see alot of very happy clients.

Enough said.

BTW, I'm reporting this post to Chicken personally to make sure I haven't crossed the line.

Peace.

Originally posted by NexDog

Guess not. :rolleyes:

As is0lized hasn't given me a chance to defend HostNexus as to why we don't "look good", then I feel I should post something for the benefit of others browsing the forums looking for a similar plan. As you can see we have a plan that suits thatb spec:

NexEnterprise
200 MB disk space
10 GB transfer
15 subdomains
MultiHosted Domains: 3
5 MySQL databases
Unlimited mailboxes
Unlimited Forwarders
Unlimited FTP/Web_Users
PHP
SSI
CGI
........$14.95/mo

Servers are in RackSpace, Texas. Anyone can ping us and see how we stand in terms of speed against anyone else. Visit our open forums to see alot of very happy clients.

Enough said.

BTW, I'm reporting this post to Chicken personally to make sure I haven't crossed the line.

Peace.

Why make the word open bold? Are you trying to prove something?

No, and we're not trying to hide anything either. Some host's forums are open, some are closed. Just because your's are closed doesn't mean the post was directed at you. I think a visitor has a good idea of what they're in for if the forums are open but I can understand why a host would want to close them.

So many are now closed that I think a statement can be made by having an open forum.

HostNexus, educated shoppers know that there are different types of bandwidth and different providers. Everyone has different costs so you don't have to make a speak note that they use RackShack or another Cogent provider. When you asked why, I think it would have been best via PM.

With that said let's return to the topic and not get caught up in host vs. host battles. There is plenty of business to go around and when that business is no longer there, just take clients from the big guys who fail to provide adequate support. The smaller hosts have the one up from that regard so try not to become too ruthless vs. one another. :)

Originally posted by Todd
HostNexus, educated shoppers know that there are different types of bandwidth and different providers. Everyone has different costs so you don't have to make a speak note that they use RackShack or another Cogent provider. When you asked why, I think it would have been best via PM.

With that said let's return to the topic and not get caught up in host vs. host battles. There is plenty of business to go around and when that business is no longer there, just take clients from the big guys who fail to provide adequate support. The smaller hosts have the one up from that regard so try not to become too ruthless vs. one another. :)

Thanks Todd for those words of reason. We need you around here more!

I have said before and will say again, I have nothing against Robert and the Myacen Network. They are obviously a great host. I guess I have strong opinions and am not scared to air them. The way that the thread starter dismissed us publicly without a reason bristled my feathers and anyone that can't understand that is just fooling themselves.

Thanks for the kind words and I will try to keep a closer eye on this forum but normally Chicken is a step ahead of me. :) I can understand you wanting a reason and I think anyone else in your place would have wanted one as well but it should be been addressed via PM. If he didn't explain why and you then thought it was an attack on your company without reason we would take care of it.

Thanks again, now let's return back to the threads topic of is0lized wanting to find a hosting provider.

Originally posted by is0lized
hello, im looking for a new host and i dont mind if hosts offer what they have or cut me a deal - im planning to move from my current host because its slow and i cant access my pages

what im looking for is this

unix server
150-200MB space
10+GB transfer
ftp / ssi / php / cgi / mysql
5+MYSQL
10+ subdomains
5+ ftp accounts (with own pass / dir)
forwarders 20+

if the service is good (or) discount ill pay yearly
(takes money orders / paypal)
under 15$ a month

I suggest

http://www.tophosts.com
http://www.hottesthosts.com

Search above ^^

Then post on the forum about the onces you like .. so you can find abit more info before you go ahead :)

Back