• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ikonboard 3, I need cgi/unmetered

HaVoC

Ikonboard 3, I need cgi/unmetered/need to help a friend.

I know the unmetered thing sounds bad but hear me out first.

A friend of mine's site was hosted and it got hacked (DOS) and is now lost. Anyways, she has backups of the forums and I want to get them back up for her.

She was using ikonboard, and I have the board set up, but its on netfirms, 1 gb limit. I was wondering if there are any cgi sites out there that can run ikonboard 3 with unmetered bandwidth.

This would be greatly appreciated, this is only a temp solution until she can get it back on the web.

Thanks.

Last edited:
It is highly unlikely that you would find a webhost matching your needs, especially when you want to host an Ikonboard 3, Ikonboard is such a resource hog, I think the best host is the one you have now, NetFirms is the only reliable CGI host. :wink2:

Originally posted by KBC
It is highly unlikely that you would find a webhost matching your needs, especially when you want to host an Ikonboard 3, Ikonboard is such a resource hog, I think the best host is the one you have now, NetFirms is the only reliable CGI host. :wink2:

I know it is reliable, but the 1 gig transfer limit will really bog me down.

I just need a temp server.

I'm not sure, does Spaceports match your needs?

It offers the following:
  • unlimited space
  • up to 5 GB of transfer for your site per month
  • your own cgi-bin
  • PHP scripting
  • MySQL database support
  • helpful user forums and real-time support chat rooms

:wink2:

I remember them, never really tried them out before, hopefully they will allow IB.

Thanks for the help, I hope this works.

Back